Celebs confirmed to take on The Crystal Maze for Stand Up to Cancer
Channel 4 today confirms the names to take part in The Crystal Maze which will air in the run up to Stand Up To Cancer. Hosted by Stephen Merchant and filmed at The Crystal Maze Experience in London, the one-off special will see five celebrities take on the Aztec, Medieval, Futuristic and Industrial zones before sending them in to face the fans in the iconic Crystal Dome.
Football legend and BT Sport presenter Rio Ferdinand, and acclaimed actress Michelle Keegan will be hoping to crack the crystal in this special edition of the legendary gameshow. Completing the celebrity team will be Paralympics champ Jonnie Peacock, TV and radio host Sara Cox, and comedian Josh Widdicombe. The Crystal Maze returns after a 21-year absence from our screens as part of Channel 4’s Stand Up To Cancer campaign this October.
The Crystal Maze special, sponsored by BT, will form part of a wider season of Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C) programming on Channel 4, including a four-part all celebrity series of The Island with Bear Grylls, sponsored by Scottish Power. Stand Up To Cancer is a joint national fundraising campaign from Cancer Research UK and Channel 4.
Fizz and RDF are Banijay UK Companies. The Crystal Maze is a Banijay format.
About Stand Up To Cancer (UK)
- Stand Up To Cancer is a joint national fundraising campaign from Cancer Research UK and Channel 4
- This October Stand Up to Cancer returns to Channel 4 with a plethora of exciting telly and an unmissable night of live TV on Friday 21st October
- Launched in the UK in 2012, Stand Up To Cancer funds translational research, accelerating new cancer treatments and tests to UK patients to ultimately save more lives
- More than £25million has been raised in the UK to date and 26 trials have been funded, involving more than 9,000 cancer patients
- Stars such as Naomi Campbell, Noel Gallagher, Nicole Scherzinger, Pharrell Williams, Tom Hardy, Benedict Cumberbatch, Gillian Anderson, Britney Spears, Idris Elba, Andy Murray, Bradley Cooper, Taylor Swift, Martin Freeman, Jamie Oliver, Kathy Burke, Miranda Hart, Paul O’Grady and Richard Ayoade are just some of the talent who supported Stand Up To Cancer
- To find out more about fundraising activities visit Standuptocancer.org.uk (opens in a new window)or channel4.co.uk/SU2C (opens in a new window) or follow us on Facebook (opens in a new window), Twitter (opens in a new window) or Instagram (opens in a new window)
About Little Lion Entertainment
- The Crystal Maze was recreated as a Live Experience earlier this year by Little Lion Entertainment after a successful crowd funding campaign that raised almost one million pounds from the public.