Rita Ora reveals second studio album won't be dropping until next year
Rita Ora has revealed that her second studio album won't be dropping now until 2018.
She also revealed that some of the people she's worked with during the recording sessions of her follow-up album to 2012's 'Ora' include: Stargate, Julia Michaels, Justin Tranter and Coldplay frontman Chris Martin.
The star was initially hoping to release her new album this November, the same month that she turns 27, but confirmed during a Facebook Live Q&A on Monday (August 7), that it's more likely to come out in 2018. She said:
"My album will be dropping very soon. I do want to say the beginning of next year but, hey, surprises do come, don't they? Because we have the internet."
The 26-year-old confirmed that she will be hitting the road for a world tour when her album drops, and it will be a dream come true to sing at stadiums around the globe.
"Yes, I will be doing a world tour. That's exactly what I want to do, that's been one of my dreams. So keep an eye out for dates," she said.
Last month Ora told fans: "I was going crazy not being able to put music out, I am happy to do that and knowing you guys are still there makes me so happy."
The British R&B star previously sued her former record label Roc Nation for delaying her album and refusing to take her phone calls. Roc Nation then counter-sued her for breaking her recording contract. The two parties finally reached a settlement last year in May, and Ora went on to sign a deal instead with Atlantic Records.
Rita Ora is set to open the 2017 Teen Choice Awards this Sunday, where she will perform 'Your Song'.
She dropped her new single from her second album, 'Your Song,' this year in May. Check it out on iTunes here ☜
Watch Rita Ora's Facebook Live Q&A below:
Latest 10 Rita Ora News Stories