Duets Collection by Barry Manilow
All-Star Duet Partners Barbra Streisand, Bette Midler, Mel Torme, Sarah Vaughan, Dionne Warwick, Sheena Easton, Reba McEntire, Kid Creole, The Association, and More To Be Released May 3, 2011, through Arista/Legacy
NEW YORK, March 2, 2011 -- Grammy, Tony, and Emmy Award-winning recording artist Barry Manilow has been proudly collaborating with the world's greatest singers whenever possible. His duet partners have included Barbra Streisand, Bette Midler, Dionne Warwick, Reba McEntire, Mel Torme, Sarah Vaughan, Diane Schuur, Phyllis McGuire (of the McGuire Sisters),Sheena Easton, and many more. He has also collaborated with pop groups like Kid Creole & the Coconuts and The Association.
For the first time, 15 of Barry's most outstanding and memorable performances with an A-list of singers have been collected onDuets. The title will be available at all physical and digital retail outlets starting May 3, through Arista/ Legacy, a division ofSONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT. Duets is a timely reminder of Barry Manilow's successful residency at the Paris Theater in Las Vegas, with performance dates now extended into 2012.
"I'm very proud of this album," Manilow said recently. "Recording each song was a thrill because these singers are so great, but listening to all of the cuts back-to-back was an overwhelming experience. Getting the opportunity to sing with them was an honor."
With worldwide record sales exceeding 80 million, Barry Manilow is ranked as the top Adult Contemporary chart artist of all time, according to R&R (Radio & Records). His track record includes no less than 25 consecutive top 40 hits on the Billboard Hot 100.
DUETS by BARRY MANILOW (Arista/Legacy 88697 82093 2) (Title, With, Album, Year)
1. *You've Got A Friend / Melissa Manchester / The Greatest Songs of the Seventies / 2007
2. Hey Mambo / Kid Creole & the Coconuts / Swing Street / 1987
3. Let Me Be Your Wings (end title duet) / Debra Byrd / Thumbelina O.S. / 1994
4. Cherish/Windy / The Association / Greatest Songs Of The Sixties / 2006
5. Look To The Rainbow / Barbara Cook / Showstoppers / 1991
6. Islands In The Stream / Reba McEntire / Greatest Songs Of The Eighties / 2008
7. Big City Blues / Mel Torme (featuring Gerry Mulligan) / 2:00 AM Paradise Cafe / 1984
8. On A Slow Boat To China / Bette Midler / Bette Midler Sings The Rosemary Clooney Songbook / 2003
9. Run To Me / Dionne Warwick / Manilow Collection/20 Classic Hits / 1985
10. Summertime / Diane Schuur (featuring Stan Getz) / Swing Street / 1987
11. Sincerely/Teach Me Tonight / Phyllis McGuire / The Greatest Songs of the Fifties / 2005
12. Blue / Sarah Vaughan / 2:00 AM Paradise Cafe / 1984
13. Now And Forever / Sheena Easton / The Pebble and the Penguin O.S. / 1995
14. I Won't Be The One To Let Go / Barbra Streisand / Duets (by Barbra Streisand) / 2002
15. The Last Duet / Lily Tomlin / Barry / 1980
* indicates previously unreleased mix
SOURCE Legacy Recordings