Friday, December 2, 2011 10:40am by London Newsdesk
Britney Spears turns 30 today
Today, Britney Spears celebrates her 30th birthday in South America.
The singer will be taking a night off from her Femme Fatale tour to celebrate this milestone age.
The mother-of-two first came to our attention when she released 'Baby One More Time' in 1999 when she was just 17 years old.
2011 was a triumph for Spears with a number one album, 'Femme Fatale', under her belt and a number one hit with 'Hold It Against Me'.
To mark this day for the star, WENN have compiled some interesting facts:
- Britney is currently on tour in South America, where she plans to throw a "spectacular" themed bash to celebrate her big day in Mexico.
- The now-iconic schoolgirl outfit Britney wore in the music video for her debut single 'Baby One More Time' cost just $17 (£10) and was purchased from discount chain K-Mart.
- The singer is a big fan of body art and has a number of tattoos, including dice, a fairy, Chinese and Hebrew lettering, flowers and a lipstick kiss on her wrist.
- She played a closeted lesbian on Will & Grace and a lovesick receptionist on How I Met Your Mother. Alicia Silverstone was also booked to guest star as her colleague in the latter, but she pulled out over fears she would be "overshadowed" by Britney.
- Her shocking smooch with Madonna at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2003 was voted the top kiss of the decade, while her performance with a Burmese Python at the 2008 VMA was hailed the most memorable moment in the prizegiving's history.
- Despite being one of the most famous faces in the world, Britney doesn't own a cell phone, insists on making her own bed every morning, and loves cleaning her home.
Check out the videos for Britney Spears' very first single, 'Baby One More Time', and her most recent single, 'Criminal':