Woman sets fire to home in Whitney Houston vigil accident
A woman accidently set fire to her home after a candle lit in honour of Whitney Houston made one of her rooms catch fire.
The BBC reports that fan Anne Lomax had set up a candle in her home in Oldham, England and listened to some of Whitney Houston music to pay her respects.
However, she went to bed only to be awoken by the sound of smoke alarms, with the flame from the candle cause curtains to catch fire.
No-one was injured in the accident, with Lomax and her family escaping the house. Speaking about the incident, Lomax said:
"I was a big fan and I was just devastated when she died so I thought I'd light a candle. I had been sitting at the computer playing some music and saying a prayer for Whitney Houston. I was listening to her music and my thoughts were with Whitney. I had a little tealight on the window sill. I thought I had blown it out when I went up to bed but the next thing I knew the smoke alarms were going off."
Watch Whitney Houston peform 'I Will Always Love You' below:
Latest 10 London Newsdesk News Stories