Tuesday, July 28, 2009 4:44am ET by Manic Street Preachers
Manic Street Preachers have announced details of their first North American shows in 10 years, kicking off in Seattle on September 21.
The band are hitting the road in support of their new album 'Journal For Plague Lovers' set to be released in the US via Columbia Records on September 15.
The Steve Albini-produced record features lyrics written entirely by Richey Edwards, who disappeared in early 1995. The band took the lyrics from several notebooks of lyrics and poems, which Edwards gave to them a number of weeks before he disappeared.
The dates are:
- Seattle, WA Neumo’s (September 21)
- Vancouver, Canada The Commodore Ballroom (22)
- San Francisco, CA The Fillmore (24)
- Los Angeles, CA The Avalon (25)
- Denver, CO The Bluebird Theatre (28)
- Minneapolis, MN The Varsity Theatre (30)
- Chicago, IL The Metro (October 1)
- Detroit, MI The Majestic Theatre (2)
- Toronto, Canada The Phoenix Concert Theatre (4)
- Philadelphia, PA World Café Live (6)
- New York City, NY Webster Hall (7)
- Boston, MA Paradise Rock Club (8)
Check out Manic Street Preachers performing live at T in the Park below: