Traume Interview @traumeofficial
1. Tell us about yourself and your music? I'm 'Traume', 23 years old, I currently live in Las Vegas, NV. I went to school for Audio Engineering where I learned some of the basics of producing and recording. I've always wanted to be an artist. I've spent years perfecting my craft with the guitar and the piano. I didn't start making beats until I was 17 years old. A lot of the music I make is inspiration that comes from my dreams.
2. How would you describe your sound? My sound is very particular after I've layed out my idea. So I start with the idea which is usually the songs I hear in my dreams. After that, the music comes together like a painting. Every instrument I use (including my voice) needs to coincide with one another. I'm always looking for the next best song which is why each and every song I make needs to sound near perfect.
3. Talk about the experience making your single? Actually, I was listening to different songs I had made in the past one day and I started singing to this beat. Everyone who was in the room was like, "ya, this needs to be the next song". So, I went through and changed some sounds on the beat and then wrote the melody and the lyrics that same day. I want people to have a good time and party so that's what I wrote the song about.
4. What are you currently working on? Any new projects? Shows? Always. I've been working on several different projects even before the single was released. I've got some shows booked for the summertime of next year, you can visit my website for more information.
5. What has been your biggest highlight in your music career this far? I would say recording the song and meeting different industry professionals for opportunities. I've worked on different videos and designs that really bring me out as an artist and open doors for me to keep moving up in music.
6. Name your ideal collaboration: mainstream or independent artist(s)? Probably Childish Gambino. That's the only artist I could really see myself making music with outside of myself and a few other artists I'm currently working with. I'm mostly solo with my music as far as production and lyrics.
7. Name something random that people do not know about you? In 2010, I was a Pan American Jiu-Jitsu Champion for Blue Belts.
8. What’s one thing you have learned or discovered while being in the indie music scene/industry? One thing I have learned is that you need connections. If you don't have connections, go get connections. It's good to have someone who can get you a show or get your song on the radio.
9. What can we expect from you in the future? A lot of my music available online and videos of how I gained the knowledge I have. There are other projects of mine already in the works and set to be released within the next year. I'll be in more shows and videos so all my fans can see me.
Buy his new single Drop Top on itunes today!
November 29, 2016 4:39pm by One Percent PR