Live from Hollywood, It's the Season 32 Premiere of "Dancing with the Stars" on ABC and Disney+!
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
NEWS PROVIDED BY
"Premiere Night" - "Dancing with the Stars" returns for an all-new star-studded season! Co-hosted by Alfonso Ribeiro and Julianne Hough, the series returns to ABC with an expanded season 32, featuring 14 new celebrities who are ready to hit the ballroom floor for their first live performance premiering TUESDAY, SEPT. 26 (8:00-10:31 p.m. EDT/PDT, 7:00-9:31 p.m. CDT), and continue to air Tuesdays (8:00-10:01 p.m. EDT/PDT, 7:00-9:01 p.m. CDT) thereafter. "Dancing with the Stars" makes history as the first series to simulcast LIVE across both ABC and Disney+ in local time zones and next day on Hulu.
The season premiere will feature a stunning opening number to "Levitating" by Dua Lipa, choreographed by Luam. For their first performance, the celebrity and pro duos are set to perform dances, including the cha cha, foxtrot, jive, salsa or tango. One couple will be eliminated LIVE at the end of the premiere episode.
Fans will be able to vote during the live simulcast of the show in the EDT/CDT time zones. During this time, online voting will be available to fans in any time zone in the U.S., its territories and Canada via dwtsvote.abc.com, and fans with a participating U.S. wireless carrier can also vote via SMS/text (fans in Canada cannot vote via SMS/text). Live viewer votes will be combined with the judges' scores each episode to determine which couples may be in jeopardy of elimination.
The couples (along with their dance styles and songs) are the following:
• Supermodel Tyson Beckford and pro Jenna Johnson will perform a cha cha to "Never Too Much" by Luther Vandross.
• Marvel star Xochitl Gomez and pro Val Chmerkovskiy will perform a cha cha to "Peanut Butter Jelly" by Galantis.
• TV and film star Alyson Hannigan and pro Sasha Farber will perform a salsa to "Never Gonna Not Dance Again" by P!nk.
• Social media and reality TV star Harry Jowsey and pro Rylee Arnold will perform a cha cha to "Rock Your Body" by Justin Timberlake.
• Former Bachelorette Charity Lawson and pro Artem Chigvintsev will perform a tango to "Only Girl (In The World)" by Rihanna.
• Ariana Madix ("Vanderpump Rules") and pro Pasha Pashkov will perform a tango to "Love Myself" (Riddler Remix) by Hailee Steinfeld.
• GRAMMY(R)-winning singer Jason Mraz and pro Daniella Karagach will perform a cha cha to "I Feel Like Dancing" by Jason Mraz.
• NFL All-Star Adrian Peterson and pro Britt Stewart will perform a salsa to "Yeah!" by Usher featuring Lil Jon & Ludacris.
• Singer and social media star Lele Pons and pro Brandon Armstrong will perform a tango to "El tango de Roxanne" from Moulin Rouge.
• Oscar(R)-winning actress Mira Sorvino and pro Gleb Savchenko will perform a cha cha to "Kiss" by Prince & The Revolution.
• Actress Jamie Lynn Spears and pro Alan Bersten will perform a tango to "Don't Call Me Up" (Zac Samuel Remix) by Mabel.
• Real estate mogul and TV star Mauricio Umansky and pro Emma Slater will perform a jive to "I Ain't Worried" by OneRepublic.
• Comedian and actor Matt Walsh and pro Koko Iwasaki will perform a cha cha to "Poison" by Bell Biv DeVoe.
• "The Brady Bunch" actor Barry Williams and pro Peta Murgatroyd will perform a foxtrot to "It's A Sunshine Day" by The Brady Bunch.
"Dancing with the Stars" is the hit series co-hosted by Alfonso Ribeiro and Julianne Hough in which celebrities are paired with trained ballroom dancers to compete in themed choreographed dance routines that are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli and Derek Hough.
The show is produced in front of a live audience by BBC Studios Los Angeles Productions.
Source ABC Publicity
September 26, 2023 12:00pm ET by ABC Publicity