New Series, Films, Specials and More from AMC Networks' Extensive Library All Available
On the Premium Streaming Bundle in February
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
NEWS PROVIDED BY
For the month of February, AMC+ offers subscribers a wide variety of critically acclaimed and commercial-free programming, including compelling new dramas, fan-favorite franchises, and film collections from across the company's entertainment networks and targeted streaming services. Highlights this month include early access to several highly anticipated debuts, including the extended tenth season of The Walking Dead available every Thursday ahead of the linear premieres on Sundays. Subscribers can also indulge in a robust lineup of dramas every Thursday, including two Sundance Now Exclusive Series - Season 1 of police procedural The Murders and Season 2 of the glamorous drama Playing for Keeps - as well as two critically-acclaimed series joining the service for the first time - French thriller The Returned and The Bridge. In addition to exclusive films from IFC Films Unlimited and Shudder, AMC+ will honor Black History Month with a collection of influential series and films created by and featuring Black talent and stories all month long.
· Subscribers will have early access to The Walking Dead's extended tenth season of six new episodes and the popular Talking Dead aftershow, hosted by Chris Hardwick, with episodes debuting every Thursday beginning February 25, ahead of the linear premieres on Sunday.
Last on The Walking Dead, we witnessed the fall of Alpha (Samantha Morton) and the end of the Whisperers War. The Kingdom had fallen, Hilltop was virtually destroyed, and Alexandria abandoned to prepare for final battle. Survivors were trapped and separated from one another. Yet, when faced with almost certain death, they rallied together to fight, killing Beta (Ryan Hurst) and eliminating the threat of the horde. In these six new episodes, we find survivors trying to pick themselves up by their bootstraps following the destruction the Whisperers left in their wake. The years of struggle weigh upon them as past traumas surface, exposing their more vulnerable sides. As they question the state of humanity, the state of their collective community, and the states of their minds, will they find the inner strength to persevere with their lives, friendships, and group intact?
· Sundance Now/Shudder Original Series A Discovery of Witches continues to debut new episodes on AMC+ every Saturday.
Based on the best-selling All Souls novels by Deborah Harkness, A Discovery of Witches is a modern-day love story, set in a world where witches, vampires and demons secretly live and work alongside humans, hidden in plain sight. Starring Emmy(R)-nominated Matthew Goode and Teresa Palmer, Season 2 sees Matthew (Goode) and Diana (Palmer) hiding in time in the fascinating and treacherous world of Elizabethan London where they must find a powerful witch to help Diana master her magic and search for the elusive Book of Life. In the present day however, their enemies have not forgotten them.
· AMC+ celebrates Black History Month with a collection dedicated to "Black Stories & Storytellers" available all month long, featuring acclaimed documentaries The Stand, Lynch: A History and A Ballerina's Tale; powerful dramas Memphis, Our Song and Medicine for Melancholy; and featured series including SundanceTV's Brick City, AMC's Hip Hop: Songs that Shook America, IFC Original Sherman's Showcase: Black History Month Spectacular and Shudder Original Documentary Horror Noire: A History of Black Horror.
· New dramas from Sundance Now join the service weekly, including:
· Season 1 of Sundance Now Exclusive Series The Murders, starring Jessica Lucas as a rookie homicide detective seeking redemption, is available to binge starting Thursday, February 4.
· Season 1 of crime drama The Bridge, starring Diane Kruger and Demián Bichir as two detectives working together to take down a serial killer operating on both sides of the Texas-Chihuahua border, debuts on Thursday, February 11.
· Season 2 of Sundance Now Exclusive Series Playing for Keeps, centered on the titillating lives of the wives and girlfriends of renowned athletes, rolls out weekly beginning Thursday, February 18.
· Season 1 of SundanceTV's acclaimed horror-fantasy thriller The Returned premieres on Thursday, February 25. Set in a small French mountain town where everyone knows each other, the dead begin to inexplicably return as if their death never happened, thus forcing the townsfolk to confront their difficult past as they seek to understand this phenomenon.
· IFC Films Unlimited and Sundance Now continue to celebrate the Sundance Film Festival with a lineup of festival favorites and award-winners through the years, including Boyhood, Camp, Sleepwalk With Me, James White, Me and You and Everyone We Know, Ain't Them Bodies Saints, The Virgin Suicides, Heathers, The Babadook, Buck, Room 237, Weiner, Sleeping with Other People, Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry, Bad Kids, Band Aid, Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work and more.
· On Wednesday, February 3, several notable films from IFC Films Unlimited will be added to the lineup including the IFC Films Unlimited Exclusive The Tribes of Palos Verdes starring Jennifer Garner, The Wedding Guest starring Dev Patel and Radhika Apte, and The Wind, starring Caitlin Gerard and Julia Goldani Telles. The following week, the IFC Films Unlimited Exclusive I Hate Valentine's Day, written and directed by Nia Vardalos, debuts Wednesday, February 10.
· Celebrate the thrills and chills of love with Shudder Original Joe Bob Puts A Spell On You, A Last Drive-in special double-feature of romantic horrors hosted by the world's foremost authority on drive-in cinema available Valentine's Day, Sunday, February 14 on AMC+.
Additional highlights by networks/streamers available on AMC+ include:
· Full seasons of AMC's popular Western series Hell on Wheels continue to roll-out every Thursday, with the first half of Season 5 debuting on Thursday, February 11 and the second half of the season available on Thursday, February 18. AMC's gritty western follows a tale of revenge and lawlessness set against the first transcontinental railroad.
· Early access to AMC's Ride with Norman Reedus Season 5 begins Sunday, February 28, ahead of the linear premiere in March. The Walking Dead star and motorcycle enthusiast Norman Reedus hits the open road on a three-day, two-wheel adventure as he explores local culture both domestic and abroad, meeting the people who help shape and influence their communities. Each episode features Reedus and a riding companion - a fellow actor, musician, or friend - as they journey to custom bike shops, motorcycle clubs, historical landmarks, under the radar attractions, and the occasional tourist trap, while pulling over to experience regional cuisine...with plenty of time for unplanned detours and getting off the beaten path along the way.
· Take a deeper dive into The Walking Dead Universe with content only available on AMC+ including:
· The latest seasons of The Walking Dead, Fear The Walking Dead and The Walking Dead: World Beyond - all available ad-free and on demand.
· The Walking Dead: Episode Diaries, an exclusive re-watch of Season 10 featuring never-before-seen interviews from the cast and creators, with new episodes available every Sunday.
· A special behind-the-scenes look with The Walking Dead: Making the Extended 10th Season, featuring interviews with cast and creators, on Sunday, February 14.
· Early access to Talking Dead episodes every Thursday, ahead of the linear premieres on Sunday. The guest lineup for the first Talking Dead episode is as follows:
· Thursday, February 25 - Lauren Cohan (The Walking Dead), Angel Theory (The Walking Dead), additional guests TBA.
· The season finale of the epic series The Watch debuts on Sunday, February 14. Inspired by Sir Terry Pratchett's iconic Discworld novels, The Watch follows an unlikely group of misfits, The City Watch, who are forced to find the guts to save the world, surprising even themselves in the process. The comedic yet thrilling series pits trolls, werewolves, wizards and other improbable heroes against an evil plot to resurrect a great dragon which would lead to the destruction of life as they know it.
· New episodes of The Graham Norton Show debut every Friday as part of a new season that's already featured Samuel L. Jackson, Dolly Parton, Bruce Springsteen, Riz Ahmed, Miley Cyrus, Mariah Carey and more.
· Friday, February 5 - Sam Neill, Billie Piper, James Nesbitt, Andi Osho and Tom Jones
· Friday, February 12 - Ethan Hawke, Alan Carr and Jessie Ware
· Friday, February 19 - Guests to be announced.
· Friday, February 26 - Guests to be announced.
· New episodes of the epic and visually stunning six-part nature documentary series A Wild Year on Earth continue to debut every Saturday with the finale on February 27. Narrated by Laura Carmichael (Downton Abbey), the series explores the natural world's most awe-inspiring seasonal events including migration, rebirth and transformation.
· Never-before-aired sketches from the final season of the critically acclaimed Baroness von Sketch Show will be available every Wednesday, beginning February 24.
The groundbreaking all-female comedy will continue its exploration of the angst and absurdity of modern life. Season 5 explores surviving the apocalypse with your ex; the upside of mom brain; the downside of step-parenting; witch trials and tribulations; the problem with superheroes; and much, much more.
IFC FILMS UNLIMITED:
· IFC Films Unlimited honors Black History Month with a number of empowering and illuminating documentaries and films including Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975, A Ballerina's Tale, Medicine for Melancholy, Passing Strange, Kiki and The Land. Other films include Valentine's Day programming such as Jenny's Wedding, Weekend, Certified Copy and Let the Sunshine In.
· Subscribers can get their horror fix with new films from Shudder premiering every Thursday in February including Shudder Original A Nightmare Wakes (Thursday, February 4), Shudder Exclusive After Midnight (Thursday, February 11), Shudder Original Shook (Thursday, February 18) and Shudder Exclusive The Dark and The Wicked (Thursday, February 25).
· The finale of Sundance Now Original Series The Night Caller, a four-part true crime documentary, debuts Tuesday, February 9. The weekly episodes explore the legacy of Australia's most notorious serial killer and those through whose lives he altered irrevocably, including his victims and the two men wrongfully convicted of the crime in a shocking double miscarriage of justice.
· The season finale of Sundance Now Exclusive Cleaning Up, the British drama about a struggling mother who resorts to insider trading in order to pay her debts, debuts Thursday, February 4.
AMC+ is the company's new premium streaming bundle featuring an extensive lineup of popular and critically acclaimed original programming from across AMC Networks' entertainment networks and a number of the company's targeted streaming services including Shudder, Sundance Now and IFC Films Unlimited, which feature content such as Riviera, Creepshow, A Discovery of Witches and Boyhood. Currently available to Amazon Prime Video Channels, Apple TV channels, Roku Channels, Comcast Xfinity, DirecTV, DISH and Sling TV customers, AMC+ features a continually refreshed new library of commercial-free content, including Mad Men, Gangs of London, The Salisbury Poisonings, Orphan Black, Portlandia, Soulmates and The Walking Dead: World Beyond, among many others.
AMC is home to some of the most popular and acclaimed programs on television. AMC was the first basic cable network to ever win the Emmy(R) Award for Outstanding Drama Series with Mad Men in 2008, which then went on to win the coveted award four years in a row, before Breaking Bad won it in 2013 and 2014. The network's series The Walking Dead is the highest-rated series in cable history. AMC's current original drama series are Better Call Saul, Fear the Walking Dead, Soulmates, The Walking Dead, The Walking Dead: World Beyond and forthcoming 61st Street, Kevin Can F*** Himself and Pantheon. AMC also explores authentic worlds and discussion with original shows like Talking Dead, AMC Visionaries and Ride with Norman Reedus. AMC is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc. and its sister networks include IFC, SundanceTV, BBC America and WE tv. AMC is available across all platforms, including on-air, online, on demand and mobile.
About BBC AMERICA
BBC AMERICA is a hub of innovative, culturally contagious programming including the Peabody Award-winning series Killing Eve starring Golden Globe(R) and SAG(R) Award-winner Sandra Oh and Emmy(R) Award-winner Jodie Comer. The network is the definitive television home and co-producer of the most iconic natural history series including Planet Earth II, Blue Planet II, Dynasties, Seven Worlds, One Planet and upcoming Meerkat Manor, Eden (w/t), Frozen Planet II and Planet Earth III. BBCA transforms every Saturday into Wonderstruck, a weekly 24-hour destination for wildlife and wonder. A joint venture between AMC Networks and BBC Studios (the commercial arm of the BBC), BBCA's influential shows such as Doctor Who, Orphan Black, and Luther, have attracted critical acclaim and earned Emmy(R) Awards, Golden Globes(R), Peabody Awards, Critics' Choice Awards, NAACP Image Awards, TCA Awards and more. New programming coming this fall and winter includes Top Gear, Baby Chimp Rescue, A Wild Year on Earth, The Graham Norton Show, CripTales, Doctor Who: The Faceless Ones animated special, Doctor Who: Revolution of the Daleks, The Watch and more. BBCA is available across all platforms, including on-air, online, on demand and mobile. Find out more by visiting press.amcnetworks.com.
IFC is the home of offbeat, unexpected comedies. Acclaimed series Documentary Now!, Brockmire, Sherman's Showcase Baroness von Sketch Show, and Year of the Rabbit air alongside fan-favorite movies and comedic cult TV shows. IFC is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc., and available across multiple platforms. IFC is Always On, Slightly Off.
About IFC Films Unlimited
IFC Films Unlimited is a subscription video on demand streaming channel comprised of theatrically-released and award-winning titles from its three distribution labels: IFC Films, Sundance Selects and genre label IFC Midnight. IFC Films is a leading distributor of quality talent-driven independent film. IFC Midnight features horror, sci-fi, thrillers, action and more. Sundance Selects focuses on American independent, documentaries and world cinema. Bringing together a broad collection of films that span across the labels and genres, IFC Films Unlimited is a general entertainment destination for specialty film fans.
AMC Networks' Shudder is a premium streaming video service, super-serving members with the best selection in genre entertainment, covering horror, thrillers and the supernatural. Shudder's expanding library of film, TV series, and originals is available on most streaming devices in the US, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Germany, Australia and New Zealand. For a 7-day, risk-free trial, visit www.shudder.com.
About Sundance Now
AMC Networks' streaming service Sundance Now is for culture craving TV watchers looking for their next series to obsess over and offers a rich selection of original and exclusive series from engrossing true crime to heart-stopping dramas and fiercely intelligent thrillers from around the world, all streaming commercial-free. Exclusive new programs are added every week. Sundance Now has exclusively premiered several distinctive, critically acclaimed Sundance Now Original Series, including supernatural thriller A Discovery of Witches; glamorous thriller Riviera starring Julia Stiles; critically acclaimed French spy thriller crime drama The Bureau; and Swedish period drama The Restaurant, as well as Sundance Now Exclusives, such as British true crime thriller Des starring David Tennant; Australian drama Upright starring Tim Minchin; and Australian psychological thriller The Secrets She Keeps; and riveting true crime series The Suspect, The Dakota Entrapment Tapes, No One Saw a Thing and Killing for Love. Facebook: @SundanceNow - Twitter: @sundance_now
Since its launch in 1996, SundanceTV has remained true to founder Robert Redford's mission to celebrate creativity and distinctive storytelling through unique voices and narratives found in the best independent films. From delivering critically acclaimed Emmy(R), Golden Globe(R) and Peabody Award-winning television featuring some of the world's most talented creators and performers, to showcasing some of the most compelling and iconic films across genres and generations, SundanceTV is a smart and thought-provoking entertainment destination. SundanceTV is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc.; its sister networks include AMC, IFC, BBC America and WE tv. SundanceTV is available across all platforms, including on-air, online at www.sundancetv.com, on demand and mobile.
January 25, 2021 12:10pm ET by AMC