The National Comedy Awards for Stand Up To Cancer is set to return February, hosted by Tom Allen
The 2023 awards ceremony will take place live on Friday 17th February at London's Roundhouse
[Press Release First Published on December 16 2022]
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
NEWS PROVIDED BY
Longlist open for voting here: https://
Channel 4 is rolling out the red carpet to celebrate the stars of UK comedy in a glitzy awards show in aid of Stand Up To Cancer.
Tom Allen returns to host The National Comedy Awards for Stand Up To Cancer, produced by Hungry Bear and broadcast live on Channel 4 and All 4 in 2023.
The awards see our best-loved comedy stars come together for a fun and raucous night that honours the brilliant work of the comedy world over the past year, celebrating both emerging and established British comedy talent.
Prizes up for grabs include Best Scripted Comedy, Outstanding Comedy Actor and Actress, Best Comedy Entertainment Show, Best Comedy Podcast and Best Stand-Up Show.
The longlist of nominees has been published and voting is open until Monday 16th January 2023 here: https://
On returning to host the awards, Tom Allen said: “How did you get this number? I thought I was unlisted. Is this another prank call?! I’m the host of the National Comedy Awards for Stand Up To Cancer, I’m a very big deal, I can’t have people just calling me willy-nilly. Now excuse me I have to prepare a show celebrating the brilliant funny people working on telly, on tour and online. Stop that heavy breathing, you should be ashamed of yourself. Good day to you!”
The National Comedy Awards for Stand Up To Cancer (1x120’) was commissioned for Channel 4 by Tom Beck, Head of Live Events and Commissioning Editor, Entertainment and Phil Harris, Head of Entertainment and Events. It will be produced by Dan Baldwin, Suzi Aplin and Susie Hall for Hungry Bear.
Tom Beck, Head of Live Events and Commissioning Editor for Channel 4, said: “The 2022 awards were a triumphant celebration of the UK’s extraordinary comedy scene, from brilliant newcomers like Munya Chawawa to legends like Sharon Horgan, Ricky Gervais and the late, great Sean Lock. It also raised a load of cash for Stand Up To Cancer. I’m thrilled we’re back with Tom at the helm again – and this time, we’re live!”
Dan Baldwin, Managing Director at Hungry Bear, said: "We cannot wait to bring The National Comedy Awards for Stand Up To Cancer back to Channel 4. 2022 was a huge success and we had such fun celebrating all the exceptional British comedy talent. With the brilliantly funny Tom Allen once again presiding over proceedings, 2023's ceremony is shaping up to be even bigger and better. I’ve also just been told that it’s LIVE. Can we hire extra lawyers please?”
About Stand Up To Cancer (UK)
• Stand Up To Cancer is a joint national fundraising campaign from Cancer Research UK and Channel 4 that brings the UK together to speed up progress in life-saving cancer research
• Supported by the Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF) in the US and launched in the UK in 2012, Stand Up To Cancer funds translational research, turning academic breakthroughs in the labs into new treatments that make a real difference for people with cancer.
• More than £93 million has been raised in the UK to date, funding 64 clinical trials and projects involving more than 13,000 cancer patients
• Research projects include the development of pioneering technology to detect super low levels of cancerous DNA in blood to improve the way we diagnose ovarian cancer, developing a new immunotherapy drug to boost the power of the immune system against cancer, exploring an entirely new approach to treating bowel cancer, and much more
• Stars such as Naomi Campbell, Noel Gallagher, Tom Hardy, Gillian Anderson, Idris Elba, Andy Murray, James Corden, Martin Freeman, Jamie Oliver, Richard Ayoade, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Peter Crouch, Abbey Clancy, Danny Dyer, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Lily James, Rosamund Pike, Sophie Turner, Stephen Graham, Toby Jones, Maya Jama, Joe Lycett and Roman Kemp are just some of the talent who have supported Stand Up To Cancer
To find out more about Stand Up To Cancer and how you can support, visit su2c.org.uk or channel4.com/SU2C or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or TikTok
Source Channel 4
January 30, 2023 4:00am ET by Channel 4