Your Chance to Vote on The National Comedy Awards 2023 for Stand Up To Cancer Shortlist
Voting Opens on The National Comedy Awards 2023 for Stand Up To Cancer Shortlist
Susan Wokoma, Jordan Gray and Lenny Rush named Comedy Breakthrough Star Award winners
[Press Release First Published on January 24 2023]
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
NEWS PROVIDED BY
It’s time for the nation to decide the winners of The National Comedy Awards 2023 for Stand Up To Cancer.
The awards honour both emerging and established British comedy talent, with the public voting on key prizes in a variety of categories that celebrate the world of comedy in all its forms. Recent scripted and unscripted comedies and panel shows, plus the latest podcast jokers are all vying for votes.
Voting opens today (Monday 23rd January 2023), with the winners announced at a glitzy red-carpet ceremony presented by Tom Allen at the Roundhouse in London on Friday 17th February.
Live on the night, viewers will also get to vote for the Best Stand-Up Show with the shortlisted acts announced closer to the ceremony. Plus, there will be awards for three breakthrough stars.
The recipients of the Comedy Breakthrough Star Awards are Cheaters star Susan Wokoma, critically-acclaimed comedian and singer Jordan Gray and Am I Being Unreasonable? scene-stealer Lenny Rush.
The National Comedy Awards 2023 for Stand Up To Cancer will air live on Channel 4 and All 4 on Friday 17th February.
How to vote:
You can vote free online at www.thenationalcomedyawards.com
The results will be revealed at The National Comedy Awards 2023 ceremony airing live on Channel 4 and All 4 next month.
National Comedy Awards Nominees
Best Scripted Comedy
Best Comedy Entertainment Show
The Graham Norton Show
Best Comedy Panel Show
Mock the Week
Best Comedy Podcast
Rob Beckett and Josh Widdicombe’s Parenting Hell
Outstanding Comedy Actress
Rose Matafeo (Starstruck)
Outstanding Comedy Actor
Dylan Llewellyn (Big Boys)
Outstanding Supporting Role
Jamie Lee O’Donnell (Derry Girls)
Outstanding Female Comedy Entertainment Performer
Fern Brady (Taskmaster)
Outstanding Male Comedy Entertainment Performer
Greg Davies (Taskmaster)
The National Comedy Awards for Stand Up To Cancer (1x120’) was commissioned for Channel 4 by Tom Beck, Head of Live Events and Commissioning Editor, Entertainment and Phil Harris, Head of Entertainment and Events. It will be produced by Dan Baldwin, Suzi Aplin and Susie Hall for Hungry Bear.
About Stand Up To Cancer (UK)
• Stand Up To Cancer is a joint national fundraising campaign from Cancer Research UK and Channel 4 that brings the UK together to speed up progress in life-saving cancer research
• Supported by the Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF) in the US and launched in the UK in 2012, Stand Up To Cancer funds translational research, turning academic breakthroughs in the labs into new treatments that make a real difference for people with cancer.
• More than £93 million has been raised in the UK to date, funding 64 clinical trials and projects involving more than 13,000 cancer patients
• Research projects include the development of pioneering technology to detect super low levels of cancerous DNA in blood to improve the way we diagnose ovarian cancer, developing a new immunotherapy drug to boost the power of the immune system against cancer, exploring an entirely new approach to treating bowel cancer, and much more
• Stars such as Naomi Campbell, Noel Gallagher, Tom Hardy, Gillian Anderson, Idris Elba, Andy Murray, James Corden, Martin Freeman, Jamie Oliver, Richard Ayoade, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Peter Crouch, Abbey Clancy, Danny Dyer, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Lily James, Rosamund Pike, Sophie Turner, Stephen Graham, Toby Jones, Maya Jama, Joe Lycett and Roman Kemp are just some of the talent who have supported Stand Up To Cancer
To find out more about Stand Up To Cancer and how you can support, visit su2c.org.uk or channel4.com/SU2C or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or TikTok
Source Channel 4
January 30, 2023 3:00am ET by Channel 4