LL Cool J, Nicki Minaj and Jack Harlow Set to Anchor 2022 "VMAs"
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
NEWS PROVIDED BY
LL COOL J, Nicki Minaj and Jack Harlow set to anchor 2022 "VMAs"
Two Rap Icons and 10X "VMAs" nominated rap superstar to emcee the 2022 MTV Video Music Awards
• Hip-Hop is back on top as Video Vanguard Award recipients LL COOL J and Nicki Minaj, along with rap superstar Jack Harlow are set to emcee and introduce the biggest moments of the night when the 2022 "VMAs'' air LIVE from Prudential Center on Sunday, August 28 at 8PM ET/PT.
• The three "MCs" will announce the show's star-studded lineup of performers, presenters and winners, taking a more innovative and unique approach to the traditional "host" gig seen in previous years.
• LL COOL J
• Nicki Minaj
• Jack Harlow
• The show has seen a bevy of legends and fan-favorites step into the role of host, including music superstar Doja Cat (2021), actress Keke Palmer (2020), comedic powerhouse Sebastian Maniscalco (2019) and global artist Katy Perry (2017), amongst many others.
• PERFORMERS: These four new adds join an already star-packed lineup of Anitta, J Balvin, Marshmello x Khalid and Panic! At The Disco. Kane Brown will headline the Toyota Stage. Additional performers and show details to be announced soon (more info).
• VIDEO VANGUARD AWARD: Global superstar Nicki Minaj will receive MTV's coveted honor and perform live for the first time since 2018 (more info).
• NOMINATIONS: Jack Harlow, Kendrick Lamar, Lil Nas X (7), along with Doja Cat and Harry Styles (6) lead; Billie Eilish, Drake, Dua Lipa, Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift and The Weeknd (5) closely follow. Full list here.
• VOTING: Fans can vote for their favorites across 22 gender-neutral categories by visiting vote.mtv.com through this Friday, August 19th, thanks to Burger King(R). Voting for "Best New Artist," presented by EXTRA(R) Gum, remains active into show. Noms for social categories "Group of the Year" and "Song of Summer" to be announced later this week.
• THE VMAs EXPERIENCE ON ROBLOX: As a companion to the first-ever "Best Metaverse Performance" category, fans can now launch into a custom Moon Person immersive experience, complete with a virtual red carpet, music and dance themed activities, exclusive in-game experience rewards, and vote for their favorite "Best Metaverse" performance (more info).
• SPONSORS: Official sponsors of the 2022 "VMAs" include Burger King(R), Clearblue(R), DESCOVY(R), EXTRA(R) Gum, Instacart, Kraft Singles, Swiffer and Toyota Motor North America.
• CREDITS: Bruce Gillmer and Den of Thieves co-founder Jesse Ignjatovic are Executive Producers; Barb Bialkowski is Co-Executive Producer. Alicia Portugal and Jackie Barba serve as Executives in Charge of Production. Wendy Plaut is Executive in Charge of Celebrity Talent. Lisa Lauricella is Music Talent Executive.
August 19, 2022 4:00am ET by MTV