British Television and Radio Host and Format Creator Richard Bacon Inks Overall Producing Deal
With Universal Television Alternative Studio and Universal Television
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
NEWS PROVIDED BY
· British television and radio host and format creator Richard Bacon has signed an overall producing deal with Universal Television Alternative Studio and Universal Television.
· "I'm really excited to be joining the NBCUniversal family," said Bacon. "Everyone there is a massive joy to work with and we're already having tremendous fun on a couple of projects. Can't wait for more."
· "Richard's extensive background as an entertainment and news host gives him even deeper understanding of what it means to create entertaining and timely programming that connects with audiences," said Toby Gorman, President, Universal Television Alternative Studio. "We look forward to continuing our relationship with him and collaborating on original and compelling formats."
· Bacon has been a radio and television host in the U.K. for 20 years. He hosted a long-running, popular daily current affairs and interview show on BBC Radio 5 Live and has interviewed everyone from Ricky Gervais to Tony Blair to Barack Obama.
· Bacon has hosted game shows and current affairs shows for ITV and BBC. In the United States, he has served as host on series for National Geographic Channel and "Top 30," a nationally syndicated news show for Fox. On radio, he has hosted BBC Radio 6 Music and the drive time shows on both Capital Radio and XFM.
· Bacon created the format for "The Hustler," an eight-part mystery game show for ABC hosted by Craig Ferguson.
· Bacon is repped by CAA and Hansen Jacobson.
ABOUT UNIVERSAL TELEVISION ALTERNATIVE STUDIO
Launched in 2016, Universal Television Alternative Studio is a leading supplier of hit unscripted content and formats, and creates, develops and produces a diverse slate of original series domestically and internationally. The studio's most recent breakout hits include the two biggest successes among new series launched during the summer of 2019, the songwriting competition "Songland" and the comedy competition "Bring the Funny."
The studio is responsible for the high-stakes game show "The Wall," which has been sold into 27 territories internationally, and "Hollywood Game Night," which has been remade across 21 territories. Also on the studio's slate are "Making It" from Emmy Award-nominated hosts Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman, Dwayne Johnson's "The Titan Games," Emmy Award-winning "World of Dance" from Jennifer Lopez, USA Network's "The Biggest Loser," Bravo's "Blind Date" and History's "In Search Of."
Upcoming projects include comedy variety event series "That's My Jam," hosted by Jimmy Fallon, hybrid alternative-scripted series "True Story," co-hosted by Ed Helms and Randall Park, the tiny-challenge game show "Small Fortune," premium landmark series "The New World" from BBC Natural History Unit, "Thanks a Million" for Quibi as well as original talk show series "The Kid's Tonight Show" from Jimmy Fallon and "Saturday Night Live"-themed documentary series "Who Wrote That?" for Peacock. Universal Television Alternative Studio is a division of NBCUniversal.
ABOUT UNIVERSAL TELEVISION
Universal Television, a division of NBCUniversal Content Studios, is one of the largest and most successful television production companies in the United States. The studio currently produces more than 50 primetime comedies and dramas as well as late night programs for a variety of network, cable, and digital platforms. Acclaimed series produced by Universal Television include "The Good Place," "Russian Doll," "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt," "Master of None," "Superstore," "A.P. Bio," "Brooklyn Nine-Nine," "New Amsterdam," "Law & Order: SVU" and "Chicago Fire" (and its spinoffs), among numerous others, including all of NBC's successful late night programs. Universal Television is a division of NBCUniversal, which develops, produces and markets the best entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
May 29, 2020 7:05pm ET by NBCUniversal