Play, Sip and Shop at Winterfest Winterfest hosts eclectic food & gift vendors feat. NYC & beyond
Winter Wonderland festival open from November 23rd to December 31st
Find the perfect gift for friends and family this holiday season
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
NEWS PROVIDED BY
Shore Fire Media
Winterfest, the holiday festival taking place on the Brooklyn Museum’s grounds from November 23rd to December 31st, will host vendors representing New York City and beyond. With a variety of goods and delectable dishes for sale, this holiday festival is the perfect place to buy gifts for friends and family, support local businesses for Small Business Saturday and enjoy a cup of hot chocolate or a glass of Mulled Wine this winter season.
Not only can you experience a dazzling line-up of winter attractions and activities, some of which never seen in New York before, but visitors will have the opportunity to shop at over 50 vendors - half of which are local to New York. These vendors will set up shop at Winterfest to show off their handmade jewelry, clothing and specialty food items.
• Chocoidea - extravagant and high quality gift items made of chocolate and prepared 100% by hand.
• Afrodesiac Worldwide - each collection is developed to illustrate the beauty of cultural exchange through fashion, a combination of sophistication and heritage using a kaleidoscope of African fabrics.
• Article 22 - Article 22 partners with artisans in distant places to create modern heirlooms with particular prominence. PEACEBOMB, Article 22’s first collection, is jewelry handcrafted in Laos from Vietnam War shrapnel.
• Bellewaera- make eco-friendly, locally crafted and neutral ethnic textiles in Chiangmai that are inspired by natural spiritual processes.
• Lion City Coffee- Singaporean style coffee, called “kopi,” is known distinctly for a bolder and full-bodied taste. The blend of robusta, arabica, liberica and other coffee beans will be for sale at the Lion City Coffee stand.
• Tellefsen Atelier - a collection of small batch, wheel-thrown ceramics hand made in Midtown with a clean, simple design featuring neutral colors and inspired by graphic lines and shapes.
• Alma - a luxurious knitwear label of sophistication and elegance characterized by high-quality materials and perfect fit, ALMA is made from the finest luxe Italian fibers and knitted by hand in Latvia and Lithuania.
• Grace Oliver - founded by Marpa Eager as a gateway to extraordinary handcrafted jewelry and accessories, this company works closely with artisans and craftspeople international and close to home to develop and create distinctive, beautiful designs.
Other specialty food vendors include: All American Wontons, Anton’s Dumplings, Chocoidea, Hella Cocktail, Hells Kitchen Hot Sauce, Horman’s Best Pickles, Jeff’s Kettle Corn, Lagusta’s Luscious, Marty V Burger, Mike’s Hot Honey, MinkaBrooklyn/ Dropping Seeds, Miss Tea Brooklyn, No Chewing Allowed!, Oaxcaca Tacos, Sweet Maresa, Wafels & Dinges and Rip’s Malt Shop.
Other gifts and shopping vendors include: AGOWA (Authentic Goods of West Africa), AU Collection, BearHands & Buddies, Botanical Springs, Brooklyn Bar, Brooklyn Botanical Garden, Brooklyn Museum, Cashmere from Kashmir, COKO Jewelry, Craftspring Handmade Adventures, Dancing Amulets, Grace Oliver Jewelry, Himalayan Artwear, Imports from Morocco, Jaf Trading, Joyfullook, JWHITE, Little Poland Gallery, Live Poultry Designs, Marquet, Mishu Design, Pakaboo, Pamela Barsky, Personalized by Santa?? , Remedies Herb Shop, Rockstar Revolution, The FloKiss?, TrueStim, Viva Zapata! And Yogibo.
Winterfest will open Friday, November 23rd, the day after Thanksgiving, and the merry festivities will run seven days a week through December 31st. This festival is the quintessential outing for community members, families, friends, tourists, and groups for work parties and school trips. With visitors coming from all over the world, Winterfest will be one of the highlights of New York’s holiday season.
Winterfest will be a highlight of New York’s holiday season with attractions that everyone can enjoy, including Vinopolis Wine Tasting, The Chocolate Dome Story, Giant Snowglobe, Life is Beautiful Stage, Spectacular Menorah, Enchanted Tree Maze, Santa Land, World’s Largest Snowman, Beer Garden and vendors. Winterfest will be a fantastic day for all who attend.
ABOUT BROOKLYN MUSEUM
Founded in 1823 as the Brooklyn Apprentices' Library Association, the Brooklyn Museum contains one of the nation's most comprehensive and wide-ranging collections enhanced by a distinguished record of exhibitions, scholarship, and service to the public. The Museum's vast holdings span 5,000 years of human creativity from cultures in every corner of the globe. Collection highlights include the ancient Egyptian holdings, renowned for objects of the highest world-class quality, and the arts of the Americas collection, which is unrivaled in its diverse range from Native American art and artifacts and Spanish colonial painting, to 19th- and early 20th-century American painting, sculpture, and decorative objects. The Museum is also home to the Elizabeth A. Sackler Center for Feminist Art, which is dedicated to the study and exhibition of feminist art and is the only curatorial center of its kind. The Brooklyn Museum is both a leading cultural institution and a community museum dedicated to serving a wide-ranging audience. Located in the heart of Brooklyn, the Museum welcomes and celebrates the diversity of its home borough and city. http://
ABOUT BROOKLYN BOTANIC GARDEN
Founded in 1910, Brooklyn Botanic Garden (BBG) is an urban botanic garden that connects people to the world of plants, fostering delight and curiosity while inspiring an appreciation and sense of stewardship of the environment. Situated on 52 acres in the heart of Brooklyn, the Garden is home to over 18,500 kinds of plants and hosts approximately 800,000 visitors annually. Learn what’s happening at Brooklyn Botanic Garden at bbg.org/visit/calendar, read the Garden’s blog at bbg.org/news, and find out what’s in bloom at bbg.org/bloom. Visitor entrances are at 990 Washington Avenue and 455 Flatbush Avenue. For hours, directions, and admission information, please visit bbg.org/visit. Follow BBG on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and join the conversation using the tags @BrooklynBotanic and #BrooklynBotanicGarden.
Winterfest on the Web:
Source Shore Fire Media
November 23, 2018 7:00am ET by Shore Fire Media