Showtime(R) to Air Special Runs of "The Comey Rule," "The Good Lord Bird" and "Your Honor"
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
NEWS PROVIDED BY
n the days leading up to the official start of voting for the 2021 Emmy nominations, SHOWTIME will present special on-air marathons of some of its top scripted and non-fiction series from the past year, including THE GOOD LORD BIRD, YOUR HONOR and LOVE FRAUD, from Saturday, June 12 through Wednesday, June 16. In addition, the network has scheduled special prime-time airings of the limited series THE COMEY RULE and the documentary feature BELUSHI the same week. All of these programs are available to stream and view on demand on SHOWTIME and across all SHOWTIME partner platforms.
· The special run of offerings will begin at 10 a.m. ET/PT on Saturday, June 12, with a marathon of all 10 episodes of YOUR HONOR, starring Oscar(R) nominee and Emmy, Screen Actors Guild(R) and Tony Award winner Bryan Cranston.
· The entire seven-episode series THE GOOD LORD BIRD, starring and executive produced by Oscar nominee Ethan Hawke (who plays the controversial abolitionist John Brown), will then air on Sunday, June 13 beginning at 12 noon ET/PT.
· The two-part limited series THE COMEY RULE, starring Emmy winners Jeff Daniels as former FBI Director James Comey and Brendan Gleeson as President Donald J. Trump, will reprise with part one Monday, June 14 and part two Tuesday, June 15, each beginning at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
· The documentary series LOVE FRAUD, executive produced and directed by Emmy winners and Academy Award(R) nominees Heidi Ewing and Rachel Grady, will air in its entirety in a four-part marathon beginning Wednesday, June 16 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
· The documentary feature BELUSHI, produced, written and directed by Emmy winner and Academy Award nominated R.J. Cutler, examines the too-short life of the once-in-a-generation talent John Belushi, who captured the hearts and funny bones of devoted audiences, will be shown at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Thursday, June 17, the official opening day of Emmy voting.
YOUR HONOR, the top limited drama series premiere ever on SHOWTIME, stars Cranston as Michael Desiato, a respected New Orleans judge whose teenage son, Adam (Hunter Doohan), is involved in a hit-and-run that leads to a high-stakes game of lies, deceit and impossible choices. SAG Award winner Michael Stuhlbarg stars as Jimmy Baxter, the much-feared head of a crime family, opposite Emmy nominee Hope Davis as his wife, Gina, who might be even more dangerous than her husband. The legal thriller also stars Carmen Ejogo, Isiah Whitlock Jr. and Sofia Black-D'Elia. Additional guest stars include Maura Tierney, Amy Landecker, Emmy winner Margo Martindale, Lorraine Toussaint, Chet Hanks, Lamar Johnson and Lilli Kay.
Based on the National Book Award-winning novel by bestselling author James McBride, the Peabody Award nominated THE GOOD LORD BIRD is told from the point of view of Onion (Joshua Caleb Johnson), a fictional enslaved boy who becomes a member of John Brown's motley family of abolitionist soldiers during Bleeding Kansas - a time when the state was a battleground between pro- and anti-slavery forces - and eventually finds himself participating in the famous 1859 raid on the U.S. Armory at Harpers Ferry. Brown's raid failed to initiate the slave revolt he intended, but was the event that started the Civil War. From Blumhouse Television, THE GOOD LORD BIRD weaves a humorous, dramatic and historical tapestry of pre-Civil War America, spotlighting the complicated and ever-changing racial, religious and gender roles that make up the American identity.
Adapted for the screen and directed by Oscar nominated screenwriter Billy Ray (Captain Phillips, Shattered Glass), THE COMEY RULE is based on Comey's No. 1 New York Times bestselling book A Higher Loyalty and more than a year of additional interviews with a number of key principals. THE COMEY RULE is an immersive, behind-the-headlines account of the historically turbulent events surrounding the 2016 presidential election and its aftermath, which divided a nation. Rather than a biopic of one man, the series tells the story of two powerful figures, Comey and Trump, whose strikingly different personalities, ethics and loyalties put them on a collision course. In addition to Daniels and Gleeson, THE COMEY RULE features an ensemble of award-winning performers, including Holly Hunter as former Acting Attorney General Sally Yates, Michael Kelly as former FBI Director Andrew McCabe, Jennifer Ehle as Patrice Comey, Scoot McNairy as former Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, Jonathan Banks as former National Intelligence Director James Clapper, Oona Chaplin as former FBI lawyer Lisa Page, Amy Seimetz as former FBI lawyer Trisha Anderson, Steven Pasquale as former FBI agent Peter Strzok, Peter Coyote as former FBI Director Robert Mueller and Kingsley Ben-Adir as President Barack Obama.
LOVE FRAUD is a documentary series that follows the search for one man, Richard Scott Smith, who over 20 years used the internet and his dubious charms to prey upon unsuspecting women in search of love - conning them out of their money and dignity. Ewing and Grady capture the story as it unravels in real time as his victims band together to seek sweet revenge by turning to a bounty hunter when they feel the justice system has failed them.
Told using previously unheard audiotapes, BELUSHI examines his extraordinary life in the words of his collaborators, friends and family, including Dan Aykroyd, Jim Belushi, Penny Marshall, Lorne Michaels, Carrie Fisher, Chevy Chase, Harold Ramis, Jane Curtin, Ivan Reitman and his high school sweetheart and later wife Judy Belushi. With his insatiable drive taking him from National Lampoon's Lemmings and Radio Hour to becoming one of the founding cast members on Saturday Night Live, Belushi kept the candle burning at both ends. He simultaneously appeared on SNL each Saturday night while filming Animal House and forming a band, the Blues Brothers. The result: By age 30, Belushi was on the No. 1 television show and had the No. 1 comedy in movie history and the No. 1 record album in the world. But as Belishi's fame grew, so did his demons, and not even his wife Judy could save him from the drug use that would eventually take his life. This film captures the complicated and singular essence of a beloved American icon who changed culture and comedy forever. BELUSHI is produced, written and directed by R.J. Cutler and produced by John Battsek.
June 9, 2021 10:00pm ET by Showtime