Bleacher Report’s B/R Gridiron Kicks Off All-New Content Lineup
Adam Lefkoe & Master Tesfatsion Featured in B/R Gridiron Programming Focused on Football Content Aimed at Engaged Audiences Throughout the Year
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
NEWS PROVIDED BY
Bleacher Report’s B/R Gridiron will launch a full slate of on-demand programming and fresh football content for young audiences that will build upon the content vertical’s debut last year. The lineup will include an all-new original series from B/R and NBA on TNT host Adam Lefkoe, along with the return of the breakout hit series Untold Stories with Master Tesfatsion. The B/R Gridiron brand’s sophomore year promises to connect the game’s biggest players and personalities directly to an audience of more than 200 million hyperconnected sports fans with an emphasis on the game beyond X’s and O’s.
New programming launches this week with the premiere of the fifth season of fan-favorite animated series Gridiron Heights, followed by the debut of the all-new original series Underrated Presented by State Farm, hosted by Lefkoe, which taps into the zeitgeist of one of the NFL’s most popular conversations among the players – their Madden ratings. Not to be outdone, the second season of Untold Stories will showcase a Hall of Fame caliber roster of retired NFL players starting with Darrelle Revis, who will spill the tea on their most cherished behind-the-scenes moments.
Additionally, B/R Betting will debut a weekly betting show called The Squad Ride with live giveaways and interactivity in the B/R app to determine the best Squad Ride bet of the week. While, Your Fantasy Fire Drill returns as a live gameday show that will take advantage of the B/R app functionality.
“In just one year, we’ve built a football content portfolio that drives massive levels of engagement with fans and we believe the upcoming B/R Gridiron slate is going to take us to the next level,” said Sam Toles, Chief Content Officer, Bleacher Report. “We’ve built a versatile content lineup that will be sure to entertain football fans throughout the season.”
Since its launch, B/R Gridiron has sharpened its focus of a 24/7, always-on football season, grabbing the attention of some of the biggest names in the League including Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Donald, Stefon Diggs, Le’Veon Bell, Nick Chubb, Stephon Gilmore, and Jamal Adams who follow and frequently interact with B/R Gridiron content across social platforms.
With two million cross-platform followers, B/R Gridiron has more than doubled its following over the last year and ranked as the #1 digital sports publisher on NFL Sundays last season against all competition with an average of more than 15 million cross-platform social engagements and 34 million video views each month. With NFL-specific content holding eight of the top 20 most-followed streams on the B/R app, Bleacher Report has tapped into a highly engaged fan base, providing a community around football to extend the conversation in innovative ways.
The full B/R Gridiron lineup includes:
● Underrated Presented by State Farm – Bleacher Report and Mandalay Sports Media (MSM), critically-acclaimed producers of The Last Dance, will give players a chance to perform live drills and challenges in front of a Madden ratings adjustor in hopes of raising their ratings in the actual Madden 2021 game. Underrated Presented by State Farm is an all-new, original eight-part series hosted by B/R’s Adam Lefkoe, premiering Sept. 9 across B/R Gridiron channels on the B/R app and social platforms.
● Untold Stories – Award-winning B/R writer Master Tesfatsion will follow his breakout year with the second season of a series that shares behind-the-scenes stories fans may think they know, but have never heard from the athlete’s perspective. This year, Untold Stories promises big-name guests and captivating stories, with each one being brought to life with animation to drive the humor or drama of the situation. The series will debut Sept. 16 and continue bi-weekly on Wednesdays exclusively on Facebook Watch.
● Gridiron Heights – The critically-acclaimed and wildly popular (more than 55 million views) weekly minute-long animated series will continue to chronicle the exploits of NFL players, coaches and executives when it returns for its fifth season. Producing episodes in real time during the NFL calendar year, the series taps into the hottest storylines throughout the season.
● Your Fantasy Fire Drill – Bleacher Report’s interactive fantasy football show will return for its second season on Sept. 11 with a live production at 11:30 am ET every NFL Sunday, helping fans set their fantasy rosters before kickoff. The fast-paced weekly advice show will emphasize a second-screen approach, going live in the B/R app for the first time ever. The B/R app’s social features, such as comments and “fires,” will allow the audience to get advice from fantasy football experts in real-time.
● The Lefkoe Show – Adam Lefkoe returns with his bi-weekly NFL podcast that’s grabbed the hearts and minds of football fans abound thanks to his loveable delivery of hot takes, predictions, media guests and player appearances. Don’t forget Lefkoe’s fantasy football advice and love of trading cards!
About Bleacher Report
Bleacher Report is a leading sports media brand reaching more than 200 million hyper-connected millennial and Gen Z sports fans each month through distribution of premium content. It is the #1 sports brand driving engagement and video views across all social platforms and the Bleacher Report app, while fueling offline engagement through unparalleled experiences that blend sports with culture. Bleacher Report has a portfolio of brands that includes House of Highlights, B/R Football, B/R Kicks, and B/R Betting, delivering customized content that caters to the unique passions of its fans across its owned and operated channels and world-leading social platforms. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports, which provides it access to premium live content from the NBA, Major League Baseball, NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship, and the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League. Find Bleacher Report on the industry-leading Bleacher Report app, www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram @BleacherReport.
Source Warner Media
September 9, 2020 9:39am ET by Warner Media