Chandler Kinney and Maia Reficco to Star in the Max Original "Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin"
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
NEWS PROVIDED BY
Chandler Kinney And Maia Reficco To Star In The Max Original PRETTY LITTLE LIARS: ORIGINAL SIN
Lisa Soper Set To Direct The First Two Episodes Of The Series From Warner Bros. Television
· HBO Max has added Chandler Kinney and Maia Reficco to the Max Original PRETTY LITTLE LIARS: ORIGINAL SIN. Lisa Soper ("Chilling Adventures of Sabrina") will direct the first two episodes of the series from Warner Bros. Television.
· Chandler Kinney ("Zombies 2," "Lethal Weapon") will play "Tabby," an aspiring director and horror movie buff. Like the other Little Liars, Tabby's hiding a secret.
· Maia Reficco ("Strangers," "Evita," "Kally's Mashup") will play "Noa," a striving, sardonic track star who's working hard to get her life back to normal after a summer spent in juvenile detention.
· Download headshots with credits here
· Logline: Twenty years ago, a series of tragic events almost ripped the blue-collar town of Millwood apart. Now, in the present day, a group of disparate teen girls - a brand-new set of Little Liars - find themselves tormented by an unknown Assailant and made to pay for the secret sin their parents committed two decades ago...as well as their own. In the dark, coming-of-age, horror-tinged drama PRETTY LITTLE LIARS: ORIGINAL SIN, we find ourselves miles away from Rosewood, but within the existing Pretty Little Liars universe - in a brand-new town, with a new generation of Little Liars.
· Credits: PRETTY LITTLE LIARS: ORIGINAL SIN is from executive producer/writer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa ("Riverdale," "Chilling Adventures of Sabrina") and co-executive producer/writer Lindsay Calhoon Bring ("Chilling Adventures of Sabrina"). The series is produced by Aguirre-Sacasa's Muckle Man Productions and Alloy Entertainment ("Gossip Girl," "Pretty Little Liars," "The Vampire Diaries," "You") in association with Warner Bros. Television. Michael Grassi, Caroline Baron, and Alloy's Leslie Morgenstein and Gina Girolamo are also executive producers of the series, which is based upon the bestselling series of books by Sara Shepard.
· The series is scheduled to begin production later this summer at Upriver Studios in New York.
· Bios and Representative Information:
Chandler Kinney most recently starred in "Zombies 2," the second installment of the highly successful Disney Channel film franchise. Kinney will return for the third installment of the franchise. Kinney previously starred in the hit Fox series "Lethal Weapon." Additional credits include FX's "American Horror Story: Asylum," "The Haunted Hathaways" for Nickelodeon, and Disney's "Girl Meets World."
Kinney is represented by Paradigm, Untitled Entertainment, and Attorney Gang, Tyre, Ramer, Brown & Passman.
Maia Reficco is currently shooting the Netflix feature "Strangers," opposite Camila Mendes and Maya Hawke, and directed by Jennifer Kaytin Robinson. She most recently starred in the Broadway Center Stage production "Next to Normal" as 'Natalie' at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC. Previously, she starred as 'Young Eva' in the Encores! Production of "Evita" at New York City Center, directed by Sammi Cannold. Reficco is best known for her role as 'Kally' in the hit Nickelodeon series "Kally's Mashup" in Latin America, for which she earned several Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards.
Reficco is represented by CAA and Attorney Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Richman, Rush, Kaller, & Gellman L.L.P.
Lisa Soper recently directed an episode of "Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" for Netflix, Warner Bros. Television, and Berlanti Productions. Soper is also a prolific, award-winning production designer who most recently worked with James Gunn on the Max Original "Peacemaker"; she was also the designer on "Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" before transitioning into directing on the show.
Soper is represented by Charlotte Rose at Green Light Artist Management and Hannah Ozer at Kaplan/Perrone.
· About Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa: Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa is a screenwriter, award-winning playwright, and comic book writer. He developed and serves as executive producer/showrunner of hit series "Riverdale" for The CW. He also executive produced and developed Netflix's "Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" and The CW's "Katy Keene." All three dramas are based on characters from Archie Comics, where Aguirre-Sacasa serves as Chief Creative Officer, and produced by Warner Bros. Television, where he is under an overall deal. His previous TV writing credits include the Emmy(R)-nominated drama "Big Love," "Looking," "Glee," and the first season of WBTV's "Supergirl." For MGM Films, he wrote a new version of the horror classic "Carrie," as well as a remake of the serial-killer thriller "The Town that Dreaded Sundown."
· About Alloy Entertainment: Alloy Entertainment is a creative think tank which develops and produces original books, television series, and feature films. A division of Warner Bros. Television Group, Alloy generates unique commercial entertainment franchises and collaborates with authors, leading publishers, streaming services, television networks, and movie studios to deliver its properties to the world. Current Alloy television series include "You" for Netflix, "Legacies" for The CW, and the new "Gossip Girl" for HBO Max. Previous hit Alloy series include "Pretty Little Liars" for Freeform/ABC Family, as well as The CW's "Gossip Girl," "The Vampire Diaries" and its spinoff "The Originals," and "The 100," among others.
· About Warner Bros. Television: One of the entertainment industry's most-respected providers of original primetime programming since its founding in 1955, Warner Bros. Television produces original scripted drama and comedy series for multiple platforms. As of July 2021, Warner Bros. Television is producing more than 60 scripted series for on-demand/streaming services, premium/pay and basic cable channels, and the five broadcast networks.
Source Warner Media
July 2, 2021 11:39am ET by Pressparty