Roblox and Warner Music Group Announce the Twenty One Pilots Concert Experience
GRAMMY Award-Winning Band Kicks Off Sold-Out “Takeøver Tour” With Pioneering Interactive Virtual Concert Experience, Powered by Latest Roblox Technology
Immersive Performance Will Feature First-Ever Dynamic Setlist Dictated by Fans in Real-time; Metaverse-Spanning Pre-Concert Quests with Portals Across Roblox’s Most Popular Games; and Exclusive Custom Designed Virtual Merchandise
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
NEWS PROVIDED BY
Warner Music Group
Roblox (NYSE: RBLX) and Warner Music Group (NASDAQ: WMG) today announced the Twenty One Pilots Concert Experience, a pioneering interactive virtual concert powered by the latest Roblox technology. The fully immersive performance begins inside Roblox on Friday, September 17th at 4 p.m. PDT, kicking off the Grammy Award-winning Fueled By Ramen/Elektra artist’s sold out Takeøver Tour.
The high-fidelity experience will feature the first-ever dynamic setlist dictated by fans in real-time; metaverse-spanning pre-concert quests involving some of Roblox’s most popular experiences that also feature custom portals that will transport users into the pre-concert venue; exclusive custom designed virtual merchandise, and much more. Fans can access the experience and join the pre-show festivities beginning today by visiting the Twenty One Pilots event page. New Roblox users will need to create an account to enter the concert venue.
“Twenty One Pilots is a band that has spent their entire career figuring out how to reach the most people possible,” said the band’s longtime Creative Director Mark Eshleman. “From selling out the small room and moving to the big venue next door, to now launching a virtual experience with Roblox for millions of users, the goal has always been the same. The Roblox team has made an effort every step of the way to honor the band’s fans, its lore, and history to make sure this experience aligns with what people can expect from a show.”
Designed in close collaboration with the band and Eshleman, the Roblox event aligns with Twenty One Pilots’ fan-first philosophy, bringing this experience to fans worldwide. The five-song set will feature a combination of hit songs as well as new material from their 2021 album, Scaled and Icy.
Mike Easterlin, Co-President, Elektra Music Group, said: “Tyler and Josh are two of the most unapologetically bold, forward-thinking artists I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with. Their commitment to connecting with their fans in new and creative ways is unparalleled, and I’m always amazed at how Mark continually finds ways to execute their imaginative vision. Roblox is a perfect partner in delivering another unique and exciting new way for fans to experience the world of Twenty One Pilots.”
Jon Vlassopulos, Global Head of Music, Roblox, said: "We are taking virtual concerts to the next level with our Twenty One Pilots virtual concert experience. We wanted to make it truly interactive and participatory for the fans, for the band, and for our broader Roblox developer community. Fans will be able to decide the order of the songs that they hear by choosing with their friends. They will be able to interact with the environment in creative ways becoming part of the show, and Tyler and Josh will participate in a live chat with fans after the virtual concert. This is what Roblox is built for, bringing people together to interact in new and exciting ways and we are just scratching the surface of what’s possible."
Oana Ruxandra, Chief Digital Officer & Executive Vice President, Business Development, Warner Music Group, said: “The Twenty One Pilots Concert Experience is a completely new format of interactive music experiences on Roblox. It is non-linear, it is choose-your-own-path, and it is the very reason why we have such a close partnership with Roblox. Our goal is to continue to build ever-evolving ways for our artists and fans to meet, connect and create something authentic together.”
The first-of-its-kind experience will include:
◦ A dynamic setlist that gives users in each concert the ability to control the order of songs performed through instantaneous voting once the concert begins. Each song will feature its own meticulously designed set with a high level of fidelity and realism, powered by the latest in Roblox’s lighting, physically based rendering, and motion capture technologies.
◦ Emotes, interactive features, and bespoke virtual merchandise (“verch”) – including more than 30 exclusive custom-designed pieces available for purchase.
◦ Metaverse-spanning pre-concert quests that will be integrated into three top Roblox experiences — Ultimate Driving: Westover Islands, Creatures of Sonaria, and World // Zero, which collectively have over 400 million visits. These quests will enable users to earn Twenty One Pilots prizes and include portals that allow users to be transported into the Twenty One Pilots pre-concert venue from across the Roblox platform in the days leading up to the concert.
◦ Behind the scenes footage detailing the creation of the virtual concert itself and a Q&A interview with the band, available now as part of the pre-concert experience.
◦ Fans can replay performances at the top of each hour through Sunday, September 19th at 11 p.m. PDT.
Source Warner Music Group
September 8, 2021 10:00am ET by Pressparty