Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:07am ET by  

, ,

Katie Price pulls from London Marathon

Katie Price has announced that she will not be able to take part in this year's London Marathon as planned.

In a statement released on her official website, the glamour girl said that she had pulled out of the event following advice from doctors.

Price started training for the challenge late last year and had hoped to run in aid of the blindness charity Vision. However, the 31-year-old has now said, "It is with great regret that I'm going to have to pull out of this year's Virgin London Marathon. Training has been going really well, and I was really looking forward to running again this year to raise as much money as possible for Vision, but I have been advised by doctors I should not compete this year." She added, "I wish everyone the best of luck, I know how hard this is so I have nothing but admiration for each and every runner. Hope to see you in 2011."

Price completed last year's Marathon in 7 hours and 11 minutes with then husband Peter Andre by her side.

We may earn a commission from products purchased via links featured on our pages