Wednesday, April 14, 2010 4:06am ET by Pressparty
Sia suffers heat exhaustion from wool outfit
Singer-songwriter SIA was forced to end her Vancouver show in Canada on Saturday night (April 10) prematurely, after overheating and almost passing out onstage.
The celebrated Aussie took to the stage at the Commodore Ballroom covered in a colourful wool outfit, but soon realised the heavy knitwear was an extremely bad choice. Just 20 minutes into her set, she announced she was feeling faint, sat down and unzipped her boots before dashing offstage to change her clothes.
Upon her return, Sia forgot the words to her new song 'Be Good To Me' and then announced, "I think I’m having an asthma attack." After dashing offstage a second time, the singer failed to return.
A bandmember revealed to fans that Sia had overheated and needed 20 minutes to rehydrate. He returned to the stage 35 minutes later to announce that she had severe heat exhaustion and was unable to continue with her peformance.
All Site News