Oscar Winner Marlee Matlin to Make Directorial Debut with FOX's New Anthology Drama "Accused"
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
NEWS PROVIDED BY
· Marking a directorial debut for MATLIN ("CODA"), the episode features a deaf woman who becomes a surrogate and commits a crime of advocacy and protection.
· "I could not be more excited for the opportunity to direct, and to work on a project with such esteemed, talented, and skilled producers, writers, cast and crew," said Marlee Matlin. "I've never shied away from challenges and having the opportunity to be one of the first female, Deaf directors in television is one I am looking forward to."
· ACCUSED is executive-produced by Howard Gordon ("24," "Homeland"), Alex Gansa ("24," "Homeland") and David Shore ("The Good Doctor," "House").
· FOX previously announced that Michael Chiklis ("The Shield") will star in the premiere episode, with Michael Cuesta ("Homeland") directing.
· ACCUSED is an anthology series, featuring a different cast each episode.
· Based on the BBC's BAFTA-winning crime anthology, ACCUSED opens in a courtroom on the accused, with viewers knowing nothing about their crime or how they ended up on trial. Told from the defendant's point of view through flashbacks, ACCUSED holds a mirror up to the current times with evocative and emotional stories. In ACCUSED, viewers discover how an ordinary person gets caught up in an extraordinary situation, ultimately revealing how one wrong turn leads to another, until it's too late to turn back.
· ACCUSED is co-produced by Sony Pictures Television and FOX Entertainment, and executive-produced and developed by Howard Gordon and executive produced by Alex Gansa, David Shore, Glenn Geller, Erin Gunn, All3Media America's Jacob Cohen-Holmes, and Jimmy McGovern, Sita Williams, Roxy Spencer and Louise Pedersen for All3Media International. Frank Siracusa and John Weber also serve as executive producers. Created by Jimmy McGovern, the original series debuted in 2010 on BBC One.
MARLEE MATLIN BIO:
MARLEE MATLIN is the youngest Academy Award Winner for Best Actress in a Leading Role for her work in CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD. And most recently, received critical acclaim for her work in the independent feature film CODA. Matlin/CODA has already earned several prestigious awards, including a Screen Actors Guild Award, NBR, NAACP Image Award, HCA and AFI Honor. In addition, CODA is currently nominated for three Academy Awards, and has received multiple other notable nominations including Independent Spirit, Critics Choice, BAFTA, Gotham, and International Press Academy. The film premiered at the 2021 Sundance Film Festival and earned a record breaking 4 awards including Cast, Jury and Audience, as well as setting new festival record in its sale to AppleTV.
Matlin continues to make a name for herself behind the camera. Producing several TV and Film projects, including the 2021 Academy Award Nominated short film FEELING THROUGH.
Matlin's acting work on "Reasonable Doubts," earner her two Golden Globe Award nominations and a People's choice Award. Marlee also received four Emmy nominations for her work on "Seinfeld," "Picket Fences," "The Practice," and "Law and Order: SVU." Some of Marlee's other notable TV credits include critically acclaimed series, "West Wing," and "The L Word."
Source FOX TV
March 15, 2022 8:00pm ET by FOX TV