Friday, December 30, 2011 3:04am ET by  
Comments (0)

, , , , , , , ,

LMFAO's RedFoo caught up in stage fire

RedFoo, of popular electro-dance duo LMFAO, had a narrow escape on Wednesday night (December 28) when an electrical fault in the venue he was at triggered a fire. 

The star was performing a DJ set in Tegucigalpa's Coliseo Nacional de Ingenieros earlier this week when the electrical equipment underneath the stage burst into flames and he explained to MTV that at the time he didn't realise it was a serious problem:

"All of a sudden, right in the middle of 'Beatockin,' my manager Ian Fletcher shouted, 'There's a fire under the stage. We have to go!' I didn't want to go!"

"I didn't realize how serious it was. The security escorted us out the venue. We were forced to leave a few items behind, nothing irreplaceable. I hope everybody is safe. Honduras fans are true party rockers! This will go down in history as one if [sic] craziest Redfoo DJ sets ever."

He also took to his official Twitter account to tell his fans about the incident and wrote: "Epic concert tonight!!!! Everybody in Honduras, we set the place on fire!!!! #sorryforpartyrocking ...yeah baby. They told us that there was a fire when we were on stage.Then we went to the dressing rooms and there was smoke in the halls."


Watch an interview with LMFAO from earlier this year below: