Monday, October 15, 2012 12:12pm ET by Newsdesk
Songs by Westlife and Robbie Williams used most at funerals
A new poll has showed that the music of 'Candy' hitmaker Robbie Williams and songs by the well-loved boyband Westlife are chosen more often than others to be incorporated into funeral services.
Co-operative Funeralcare unveiled a new list of the Top 20 most popular songs used at funerals and Irish heartthrobs Westlife featured twice - at No.6 and No.19 with 'You Raise Me Up' and 'Flying Without Wings' respectively - and Take That superstar Robbie Williams came in at 5 with 'Angels'.
Unsurprisingly, Frank Sinatra's 'My Way' topped the poll at No.1 for a seventh consecutive year with an impressive 15% of the vote, Celine Dion's 'Titanic' soundtrack hit 'My Heart Will Go On' came in at No.9, and the late Whitney Houston features on the list at 12 with 'I Will Always Love You'.
The full Top 20, which includes less hymns than in previous years, can be seen below:
1. Frank Sinatra – 'My Way'
2. Sarah Brightman/Andrea Bocelli – 'Time To Say Goodbye'
3. Bette Midler – 'Wind Beneath My Wings'
4. Eva Cassidy – 'Over the Rainbow'
5. Robbie Williams – 'Angels'
6. Westlife – 'You Raise Me Up'
7. Gerry & the Pacemakers – 'You'll Never Walk Alone'
8. Vera Lynn – 'We'll Meet Again'
9. Celine Dion – 'My Heart Will Go On'
10. Nat King Cole – 'Unforgettable'
11. Tina Turner – 'The Best'
12. Whitney Houston/Dolly Parton – 'I Will Always Love You'
13. Monty Python – 'Always Look on the Bright Side of Life'
14. Luther Vandross – 'Dance With My Father'
15. Louis Armstrong – 'Wonderful World'
16. Daniel O'Donnell – 'Danny Boy'
17. Eva Cassidy – 'Fields of Gold'
18. Righteous Brothers (and various) – 'Unchained Melody'
19. Westlife – 'Flying Without Wings'
20. Eva Cassidy – 'Songbird'
Watch Robbie Williams' latest music video for 'Candy' below: