Queen and Adam Lambert auction for charity
Adam Lambert Belgium to auction off a QueenBert exclusive including a signed Queen + Adam Lambert mini T-shirt for charity.
(Belgium) - Adam Lambert Belgium has launched a charity auction where an exclusive QueenBert package including a mini T-shirt signed by Adam Lambert and Brian May is up for grabs.
The exclusive QueenBert package includes:
- a mini T-shirt signed by Adam Lambert and Queen's Brian May. The front of the mini T-shirt shows a picture of Adam Lambert holding 'Meneer Konijn/Mr. Rabbit', the back of the mini T-shirt displays 'Queen feat. Adam Lambert' and the three dates of the London shows at the HMV Hammersmith Apollo and the autographs of Adam Lambert and Brian May.
- a mini 'Dragon Attack' jacket (created by Kelly Ameye)
- 4 photos (Adam Lambert and 'Meneer Konijn/Mr. Rabbit' at the Q-snowcase in Austria + a fanart of Adam Lambert and 'Meneer Konijn/Mr. Rabbit' (created and kindly donated by Lucas Vitek) + 2 photos from the QueenBert shows.
The plush bunny itself is the mascot of the charity and not included in the package.
The mini T-shirt that was created by Adam Lambert Belgium for the Queen + Adam Lambert shows in London on July 11th, 12th and 14th, 2012. Only 3 mini T-shirts exist, one was gifted to Adam Lambert, one was gifted to 'Meneer Konijn/Mr. Rabbit' and only the last one is signed by Adam Lambert and Brian May and is up for auction. Adam Lambert has had some fun with it, hence the drawing on the picture and the blueberries on the sleeve and neckline of the mini T-shirt, but we can assure you that it is all 100% Adam's work.
The international auction was launched this morning and will run for ten days. Proceeds from the final sale will be donated to Q-music's 'Meneer Konijn/Mr. Rabbit' ongoing charity campaign with a plush bunny as a mascot, giving many underprivileged Belgian children the opportunity to celebrate and enjoy Christmas as they've never known it before and will also support 'Kindergeluk vzw/Child Happiness Organisation'.
Q-music, the biggest commercial radio station in Belgium, introduced Adam Lambert to the plush bunny in Austria earlier this year while he was performing an acoustic set of hits and new songs of his Trespassing album at the Q-snowcase on his 30th birthday. Adam Lambert was reportedly touched by the story behind the charity campaign: the plush bunny belonged to a little girl named Noa, twin sister of Fenna. The twins were born prematurely, Noa was struggling and, unfortunately, passed away on the day of her 2-month anniversary. Her parents provided Noa's plush bunny to Q-Music for the course of the charity campaign, it was their way of symbolically showing their little girl the world through the eyes of her favorite cuddle toy. The plush bunny is traveling all over the world for one year and is being sponsored per kilometer. Meneer Konijn/Mr. Rabbit started his journey on January 27th, 2012 and his first trip lead him to the Q-Snowcase in Austria where he had some quality time with Adam Lambert. Other trips have taken him around the world and he also took part in the Hong Kong marathon, Tour de France, has been to Hollywood for the Oscars, was at the London 2012 Olympics, and has met several celebrities such as Adam Lambert, The Backstreet Boys, Penelope Cruz, Robin Tunney (The Mentalist), Jesse Metcalfe (Prison Break), Laura Dern,... along the way.
Charity auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Queen-Adam-Lambert-exclusive-mini-T-shirt-signed-by-Adam-Lambert-and-Brian-May-/150960779745?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2325f6b1e1
Charity campaign links (mostly in Dutch)
• Kilometers traveled and money raised so far http://dewereldreisvan.acties.q-music.be
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/MeneerKonijn
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/qmusic.meneerkonijn
Adam Lambert Belgium:
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/AdamLambertBE
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BelgianGlamberts
• Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/adamlambertbe
Watch the auction's promotional video below: