Monday, April 28, 2014 7:00pm ET by  
Comments (0)

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Miley Cyrus: 'I had basically been poisoning myself for a week'

'We Can't Stop' superstar Miley Cyrus has admitted that being put in hospital at the hands of an allergic reaction was an incredibly scary experience and she is glad that she's finally on the mend. 

Speaking to KIIS-FM about her recent hospitalisation, which came after she suffered an extreme allergic reaction to medication she was on at the time, Cyrus explained that she was just poisoning herself and didn't realise it:

“I was on this medicine for five days, everything was all good and on the sixth day just I woke up … it was so scary … When you’re allergic to something you’re literally poisoning in yourself. I had basically been poisoning myself for a week with something I was really scary allergic to.” 

She also confessed that during her stay at the Kansas facility she did a lot of online shopping and elaborated on what she bought: “Whatever they had me on to make me not in pain I made some very questionable choices on what I bought. I’m like, ‘I do not know what this hot pink miniskirt is that I bought in the hospital.’” 

Watch footage from Cyrus's Bangerz tour here: