Friday, January 18, 2013 5:04am ET by  
Comments (0)

, , , , , , , , , , ,

Sharon Osbourne apologises for injuring Ozzy in candle fire

Sharon Osbourne has revealed that her husband Ozzy was injured in a small house fire that was caused by a candle.

Speaking on US TV, the media personality and manager admitted they were left in shock after a candle started a blaze in the early hours of the morning.

They tried to put out the fire but Sharon only exacerbated it - causing Ozzy to lose his facial hair and gain "skinned cheeks". She said:

"Everybody is fine. There was only Ozzy, myself and the dogs in the house last night. At five o' clock, I heard a noise like metal had fallen. I thought it was my housekeeper coming in and she had dropped her keys on the tiles, that's what it sounded like, so I didn't pay any attention.

"A few minutes later, my eyes are stinging and my throat's closing up: 'Something's weird smelling in here'. Then my dog started to bark. I go downstairs and the whole living room was on fire. The candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass and the candle exploding...My husband had an operation on his hand yesterday so he's in a complete cast...He comes down and goes: 'Oh, the fire, the fire!' and tries to put it out with his hand in the cast."

Osbourne continued: "Then he opens the French doors and I go into the kitchen and throw water on it and it erupted...Ozzy's front of his hair from his ear down is, gone! His eyebrows are gone...he's got like, skinned cheeks. We are, like, two idiots, it was like The Three Stooges...Everything you are not meant to do - go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on - we did it all."

Sharon added that she apologised to the Black Sabbath rocker and told her audience to be careful with candles before going to bed.





Watch Sharon Osbourne being interviewed below: