It's Happy Who Year Once Again as "Doctor Who" Returns on New Year's Day with Dalek-Filled Special
The Thirteenth Doctor will kick-off 2021 with an action-packed episode entitled "Revolution of the Daleks," set to air on Friday, January 1 at 8:00/7:00c.
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
NEWS PROVIDED BY
The Thirteenth Doctor will kick-off 2021 with an action-packed episode entitled "Revolution of the Daleks," set to air on BBC AMERICA on New Year's Day - Friday, January 1st at 8pm ET/PT.
The holiday special will see a host of exciting guest stars including previously announced John Barrowman MBE, who will be reprising his role as Captain Jack Harkness, alongside Chris Noth (Sex and the City), who will be back as the disgraced Jack Robertson. Dame Harriet Walter (Killing Eve, Succession) will also be making her Doctor Who debut for the special, alongside television star Nathan Stewart-Jarrett (The Trial of Christine Keeler).
Viewers last saw the Thirteenth Doctor at the end of season 12, where her fate was left hanging in the balance as she was locked away in a high-security alien prison with no hope of escape. In the upcoming New Year's Day special, Yaz, Ryan and Graham are far away on Earth and having to carry on with their lives without her. However, they soon discover a disturbing plan forming. A plan which involves a Dalek. How can you fight a Dalek without the Doctor? Even with Captain Jack's help, the gang are set to face one of their biggest and most frightening challenges yet.
Chris Chibnall, Executive Producer, said: "We've crammed this year's Doctor Who special with an explosion of extraordinary acting talent. Where else would you get British acting royalty, a globally renowned US screen star, an (inter)national treasure of stage and screen and one of Britain's hottest young actors - just in the guest cast! Put those together with Jodie Whittaker, Bradley Walsh, Mandip Gill and Tosin Cole (and Daleks! Did I mention Daleks!) - and you get a cast to be exterminated for. And things will explode. Promise."
Notes to Editors
· Jodie Whittaker stars as the Thirteenth Doctor, Mandip Gill as Yaz, Tosin Cole as Ryan and Bradley Walsh as Graham.
· Chris Noth previously appeared in the season 11 episode of Doctor Who, "Arachnids in the UK."
· Captain Jack made his first appearance in the 2005 episode of Doctor Who, "The Empty Child" and appeared in multiple episodes.
· Prior to his season 12 appearance in "Fugitive of the Judoon," Captain Jack was last seen on Doctor Who in the 2010 episode "The End of Time."
· John Barrowman MBE fronted the Doctor Who spin-off, Torchwood, which aired from 2006-2011.
Source BBC America
November 30, 2020 2:55pm ET by BBC America