The Information We Collect:
When you visit PressParty you provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected by us and Website use information collected by us as you interact with our Website.
When you register with PressParty, you provide us with certain personal information, such as your name, your email address, your telephone number, your address, your gender, schools attended and any other personal or preference information that you provide to us.
When you enter PressParty, we collect your browser type and IP address. This information is gathered for all PressParty visitors. In addition, we store certain information from your browser using "cookies." A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's computer tied to information about the user. We use session ID cookies to confirm that users are logged in. These cookies terminate once the user closes the browser. By default, we use a persistent cookie that stores your login ID (but not your password) to make it easier for you to login when you come back to PressParty. You can remove or block this cookie using the settings in your browser if you want to disable this convenience feature.
When you use PressParty, you may set up your personal Profile, form relationships, send messages, perform searches and queries, form groups, set up events, add applications and transmit information through various channels. We collect this information so that we can provide you the service and offer personalised features. In most cases, we retain it so that, for instance, you can return to view prior messages you have sent or easily see your friend list. When you update information, we usually keep a backup copy of the prior version for a reasonable period of time to enable reversion to the prior version of that information.
Any improper collection or misuse of information provided on PressParty is a violation of the PressParty Terms of Service and should be reported to privacy@PressParty.com
If you choose to use our invitation service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for information needed to send the invitation, such as your friend's email address. We will send your friend an email or instant message in your name inviting him or her to visit the site, and may send up to two reminders to them. PressParty stores this information to send invitations and reminders, to register a friend connection if your invitation is accepted, to allow you to see invitations you have sent, and to track the success of our referral programme. Your friend may contact us at privacy@PressParty.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
PressParty may also collect information about you from other sources, such as newspapers, blogs, instant messaging services and other users of the PressParty service through the operation of the service (e.g. photo tags) in order to provide you with more useful information and a more personalised experience. By using PressParty, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United Kingdom.
Children Aged Under 13:
PressParty does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for PressParty or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address. No one aged under 13 may provide any personal information to or on PressParty. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child aged under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child aged under 13, please contact us at privacy@PressParty.com
Children Between the Ages of 13 and 18:
We recommend that children over the age of 13 ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
Use of Information Obtained by PressParty:
When you register with PressParty, you create your own profile and privacy settings. Your Profile information, as well as your name, email address and photo, are displayed to people in the networks specified in your privacy settings to enable you to connect with people on PressParty. We may occasionally use your name and email address to send you notifications regarding new services offered by PressParty that we think you may find valuable.
Profile information is used by PressParty primarily to be presented back to and edited by you when you access the service and to be presented to others permitted to view that information by your privacy settings. In some cases where your privacy settings permit it (e.g. posting to your Wall), other PressParty users may be able to supplement your Profile.
The Profile information that you submit to PressParty will be available to users of PressParty who belong to at least one of the networks you allow to access the information through your privacy settings (e.g. school, university, geography, friends of friends). Your name, network names and Profile picture thumbnail will be available in search results across the PressParty network and those limited pieces of information may be made available to third party search engines. This is primarily so your friends can find you and send a friend request. People who see your name in searches, however, will not be able to access your Profile information unless they have a relationship to you (friend, friend of friend, member of your networks, etc.) that allows such access based on your privacy settings.
PressParty may send you service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the service. For instance, if a friend sends you a new message or poke, or someone posts on your Wall, you may receive an email alerting you to that fact.
Generally, you may opt out of such emails through the Settings page, though PressParty reserves the right to send you notices about your account even if you opt out of all voluntary email notifications.
PressParty may use information in your Profile without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as aggregating how many people in a network like a band or film and personalising advertisements and promotions so that we can provide you with PressParty. We believe this benefits you. You can know more about the world around you and, where there are advertisements, they're more likely to be interesting to you. For example, if you put a favourite film in your profile, we might serve you an advertisement highlighting a screening of a similar film where you live. But we don't tell the film company who you are.
We may use information about you that we collect from other sources, including but not limited to newspapers and Internet sources such as blogs, instant messaging services, PressParty Platform developers and other users of PressParty, to supplement your profile. Where such information is used, we generally allow you to specify in your privacy settings that you do not want this to be done or to take other actions that limit the connection of this information to your Profile (e.g. removing photo tag links).
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties:
PressParty is about sharing information with others — friends and people in your networks — while providing you with privacy settings that restrict other users from accessing your information. We allow you to choose the information you provide to friends and networks through PressParty. Our network architecture and your privacy settings allow you to make informed choices about who has access to your information. We do not provide contact information to third party marketers without your permission. We share your information with third parties only in limited circumstances where we believe such sharing is 1) reasonably necessary to offer the service, 2) legally required or 3) permitted by you.
- Your Newsdesk and Wall may aggregate the information you provide and make it available to your friends and network members according to your privacy settings. You may set your preferences for your Newsdesk and Wall in your settings page.
- We may provide information to service providers to help us bring you the services we offer. Specifically, we may use third parties to facilitate our business, such as to host the service at a co-location facility for servers, to send out email updates about PressParty, to remove repetitive information from our user lists, to process payments for products or services, to offer an online job application process, or to provide search results or links (including sponsored links). In connection with these offerings and business operations, our service providers may have access to your personal information for use for a limited time in connection with these business activities. Where we utilise third parties for the processing of any personal information, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the PressParty-specified purposes.
- We occasionally provide demonstration accounts that allow non-users a glimpse into the PressParty world. Such accounts have only limited capabilities (e.g. messaging is disabled) and passwords are changed regularly to limit possible misuse.
- We may be required to disclose user information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We do not reveal information until we have a good faith belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the PressParty service or using the PressParty name, or to prevent imminent bodily harm. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
- We let you choose to share information with marketers or electronic commerce providers through on-site offers.
- We may offer stores or provide services jointly with other companies on PressParty. You can tell when another company is involved in any store or service provided on PressParty, and we may share customer information with that company in connection with your use of that store or service.
When you use PressParty, certain information you post or share with third parties (e.g. a friend or someone in your network), such as personal information, comments, messages, photos, videos, Marketplace listings or other information, may be shared with other users in accordance with the privacy settings you select. All such sharing of information is done at your own risk. Please keep in mind that if you disclose personal information in your Profile or when posting comments, messages, photos, videos, Marketplace listings or other items, this information may become publicly available.
Third Party Advertising:
Changing or Removing Information:
Access and control over most personal information on PressParty is readily available through the Profile editing tools. PressParty users may modify or delete any of their Profile information at any time by logging into their account. Information will be updated immediately. Individuals who wish to deactivate their PressParty account may do so by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Removed information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time but will not be generally available to members of PressParty. Where you make use of the communication features of the service to share information with other individuals on PressParty, however, (e.g. sending a personal message to another PressParty user) you generally cannot remove such communications.