Stacey Solomon Sort Your Life Out - Meet Iwan Carrington - One of the Declutterers
Sort Your Life Out returns to BBC One from Wednesday 25 Jan at 9pm. Meet the expert Declutterers and get their top tips to Sort Your Life Out.
PHOTO: Left to right: Iwan, Stacey, Dilly and Robert
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
NEWS PROVIDED BY
Iwan's Cleaning Tips
• Read the label: Many cleaning products have multiple uses, so it can be cost effective to study the label and see how many different things a product can clean before buying multiples. For example, white vinegar will work to clean kitchen surfaces, windows and remove limescale from showers.
• Use your time wisely: Most cleaning products only work effectively if they are given enough time, so consider allowing things to soak and leaving enough time for a product to work its magic. When I’m removing mould from bath sealant, I leave the bleach on overnight and prevent it from evaporating with cotton wool balls.
• Do an under-sink inventory before you throw any more cleaning products into your supermarket trolley: I see so many cupboards full of half empty cleaning products that aren’t being used. You can do most household cleaning tasks with white vinegar & washing up liquid.
• Half your laundry: Washing is such a big household chore and often I feel that washing baskets are overflowing with items that have barely been worn. Obviously if clothes smell it’s time to wash them, but if it’s a jumper you’ve worn once and it’s still fresh consider airing it and wearing it again.
With jeans, you can pop them in the freezer in a carrier bag to kill any bacteria. The clothes will last longer too.
• Wipe your feet: Most dirt enters our homes through the front door and I always joke with the gang that they forget to use the front door mat! Investing in a good quality outdoor mat, and a small indoor one for the entryway can cost a few pounds and make a huge difference, or even better - leave your shoes at the door!
Tidying extraordinaire, Stacey Solomon, and her expert team (organiser Dilly, carpenter Rob and cleaner Iwan) are back for series two of Sort Your Life Out. The organising fanatics challenge families up and down the UK to sort their lives out in just seven days.
Throughout the week the team help families to transform their messy homes through a life changing declutter, budget friendly makeover and supersized spring clean, as they upcycle and recycle their way to a new home.
Presenter and tidying extraordinaire, Stacey Solomon, says: “I’m so happy that the team and I are back to share our favourite tips and tricks on decluttering, upcycling, tidying and being thrifty! I love that we get to help people transform their lives for the better, even just a little bit.
“Sort Your Life Out is about showing people that by decluttering your home, you can really make a positive impact on all areas of your life – including saving your hard-earned cash. It’s never about shaming people for holding onto their stuff, I definitely have a tendency to hang on to treasured items for longer than I probably should!
“My favourite part of the show is meeting lovely families from across the UK. With the help of my wonderful expert team, we work alongside them to reorganise their houses and turn them into the homes they deserve. I really hope that people watching find a few tips and tricks in this series useful!”
Source BBC One
January 17, 2023 4:00am ET by BBC One