Cory Monteith autopsy results reveal alcohol and heroin as cause of death
'Glee' sensation Cory Monteith died from a lethal cocktail of alcohol and heroin according to the results of his autopsy.
The results were issued today (July 16) and toxicological analysis showed that the singer and actor "died of a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol."
The coroner issued a statement about the shocking news and said that "at this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr Monteith's death was anything other than a most-tragic accident."
31-year-old Monteith was found dead over the weekend at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in Vancouver (pictured below), Canada after he failed to check out on time.
Back in April, the star entered a rehabilitation program after publicly admitting he was dealing with a substance abuse addiction.
Watch footage of the BC Coroners Service announcing the cause of death below:
Latest 10 Newsdesk News Stories