Robbie Williams shows support for Jason Orange after Take That departure
He said at the time: "At a band meeting last week I confirmed to Mark, Gary and Howard that I do not wish to commit to recording and promoting a new album. At the end of The Progress Tour I began to question whether it might be the right time for me to not continue on with Take That. At the start of this year and with my full knowledge and blessing the guys began writing new material.
He continued: "There have been no fallings out, only a decision on my part that I no longer wish to do this. I know how much Mark, Gary and Howard enjoy writing and making music, and they know that they have my full support and encouragement to continue on with what is to be another chapter for the band."
Robbie Williams, who has been in and out of the pop group since rejoining in 2009, took to Twitter on Thursday (September 25) to wish Orange well.
He said: "Mr Orange. Until we ride again. Much love Bro x."
Take That will continue as a three-piece featuring Gary Barlow, Mark Owen and Howard Donald.
Watch Take That in their prime below:
Latest 10 Robbie Williams News Stories