Mitch Winehouse says Peaches Geldof's death reminded him of Amy
Mitch Winehouse says he was reminded of his own daughter's death when Peaches Geldof died.
An inquest ruled that it was likely heroin played a part in her death, perhaps echoing her mother Paula Yates' own death in 2000 of an accidental overdose.
Mitch Winehouse's daughter Amy died in 2011 as a result of alcohol poisoning and the jazz singer told the Mirror that he was reminded of his own heartbreak with Geldof died.
He said: "When Peaches died it brought everything back to me. It was a similar situation because Peaches seemed to be doing so well and Amy in the last five weeks of her life didn’t drink, except for small periods where she drank a lot.
“We were convinced she was moving towards sobriety as I’m sure Bob Geldof and his family thought that Peaches was doing. But when you have toxic substances like alcohol and heroin, terrible accidents can happen."
Watch Amy Winehouse in action below:
Latest 10 Amy Winehouse News Stories