Judge scolds Madonna and Guy Ritchie for hurting Rocco
The court date that was due to take place on February 3 took place today (March 3) in New York's Manhattan Supreme Court by Justice Kaplan.
Today Kaplan heard how Rocco is enrolled in school in London and that it is a 'great fit' for him. The judge said it would be sensible to keep him in that school.
Rocco's solicitor said that the uncertainty of the situation was having a negative effect on the 15 year old, to which the judge replied that it was the parents' inability to 'come up with a solution' that was hurting the boy.
Kaplan ordered that Ritchie and Madonna come up with an amicable solution otherwise she will have to intervene.
Madonna's legal team demanded that Ritchie be arrested for contempt of court but the judge would not issue one.
Madonna's lawyer Eleanor Alter said that Ritchie should have brought Rocco to New York to resolve the dispute because that was what was agreed under the legally-binding terms of his divorce agreement with Madonna in 2008.
Alter said: "He taught his son that obeying court orders was not important and I think that's one of the most serious things that's happened in this case that's detrimental to Rocco."
In December last year (2015) the 15-year-old was ordered to return home to New York after refusing to board a flight back from London, where he has been spending time with his filmmaker father. He has yet to return.
At that time Justice Deborah Kaplan eventually ruled in the Queen of Pop's favour, but suggested that young Rocco should discuss his living preferences with both parents at some point in the near future.
The Rebel Heart singer is currently on the Asian leg of her global tour, and has been uploading photos of her son on Instgram saying how much she missed him. Ritchie remained in London. Ritchie and Madonna attended the court hearing by telephone.
Watch a report on the custody battle, and fan footage of Madonna's Singapore date of the Rebel Heart Tour below:
Latest 10 Madonna News Stories